• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Walking funny

meganmarshmallow

image.jpg
Hi everyone,

I have a red tegu named Ketchup. She was very small when I got her...she did have a healed over broken toe, I didn't notice anything else wrong with her. She eats great, is growing perfectly and has an excellent temperament. Since she's been getting some size on her I've noticed she is "favoring" her left wrist/foot and almost walks on the side of it. She's never been injured or dropped in my care. Does anyone know anything about this? It doesn't seem to affect her mobility or seem to bother her. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! I attached a picture and you can kind of see her standing on the side of her foot. She gets calcium, sunlight, heat, and a varied diet.

Megan

loweryrr

I have no clue here. Which foot is the broken toe on? Its possible its just sore from the healing process and she is trying to reduce pain by lowering pressure on it but its hard to know for sure without seeing it myself. My tegu has a funny walk too but she does hers because she likes the way it sounds when she drags her nails on the carpet.

Roxberry

It is obvious if you look close in the pic it is the front left foot. Looks like maybe she had a little bit more damage then you had initially anticipated other than the broken toe and she just found a way to deal with the pain by turning her foot. By the looks of it she is still very healthy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029