• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

WARNING GRAPHIC, Gravid Dissection

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I found this very interesting, the number/mass of eggs found in this female, as well as the embryonic sack and vessels.

lizard20dissection2.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No it was not one of mine, I could not do that to one of my pets. I found it doing a search on the net, and wanted to share it with you guys.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had a female that laid 56, and Bert had one that laid 74, but 30-40 is an average clutch.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Was it noted why this one was disected? 32 seems like alot...you and Burt have had way bigger clutches with no complications?

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Was it noted why this one was disected? 32 seems like alot...you and Burt have had way bigger clutches with no complications?

It seems pretty small to be pregnant. You probably don't wanna know about the dissection because she was probably alive and doing fine.... but the fact that she was young or small makes the clutch size seem strangely large.

COWHER

5 Year Member
I have been looking for a tegu necropsy or dissection photo gallery and a little wright up on it too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980