• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

We are getting there...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well the tegus are doing fantastic they have been eating very well and settling in, now i can reach in the enclosure and rub them with out gettin bit lol, well at least with storm i can, rayne is still a lil timid but dosnt try to bite me, he just goes right into the hide, storm will stretch out and let me rub him, i even was able to let him chill with me on the sofa for a while yesterday so thats good news, crazy part is he is the one that tried to bite me a few times friday lol. So hopfully in a few mos. I will have 2 dog tame tegus

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Good to hear. Angus is still kinda wishy washy with me. I wonder if the only way he is as tame as he is, is maybe cause he is still pretty weak. But he has been drinking and eating some easy crickets. Hopefully by next week he will be up to pace and I can really get into the taming process like the previous summer.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah tegus are quite the characters, i noticed rayne is a lot more active than storm, storm just basks,sleep and eat lol while rayne will bask, eat, dig around, bask some more and will go back to digging his holes all over. When i take them out for pics its easier with storm because he will just sit there for a while before exploring, rayne is on the move as soon as he is sat down. I hope your tegu is well soon, what is wrong with hi

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Yes they are defiantly characters. But Angus just had a rough winter with moving and constantly being put in something for moving him across the country was rough for him. and it took him for ever to get to sleep. And during that time, I guess he was still metabolizing calories and he just wasnt getting any because I was putting him into hibernation. Its complicated. But this summer, Im hoping I can make up for any lost growth.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thats awesome that makes angus and rayne 1/2 brothers lol, rayne is a roy x magnolia baby....roy sure can create some beautiful high white babies

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rayne is a '10 baby he is only about 18-20" since he hibernated, but he is very white and looks like he will stay that way its crazy because sometimes i look at him and think he's my giant lol but he dosnt have the black dot on his forehead and he is smaller

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hmm i noticed when u were talking about colors you said high white. do eithe rof you know what kinda of color names bobbys are? i got one from him before and it was almost all white.and very bright i loved him.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
High white is what is used to refer to normals and sometimes blues that have a higher amount of white than a normal tegu. Do you know who your tegus parents are and some pics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029