• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

weekly diet?

paulsreef

5 Year Member
I picked up a young black and white Argentine Tegu. I've been feeding it ground turkey mixed with minced beef liver 3:1 ratio with several drops of cod liver oil and a sprinkle of calcium powder without D3, half a hard boiled egg, some sliced kiwi and grapes most days. Every couple of days I include a few super worms. Once a week it gets a rat fuzzy.

My question is how often should I feed the turkey/beef liver/ cod liver oil combo? These items contain vitamins A&D, and I don't want to over do it.

Any suggestions on how I could add more variety to it's weekly diet?

Thanks, Paul.

simon021

5 Year Member
I try to do something like this, although lately he's only been eating every couple days so I just feed him whatever.

Monday - Whole prey

Tuesday - turkey/cod liver oil

wednesday - beef liver

thursday - whole prey

friday - turkey/cod liver oil

saturday whole prey

sunday he gets whatever. sometimes i make an egg, sometimes turkey, sometimes another mouse.

It's not set in stone, but just gives me something to go by. I try to make sure he gets beef liver once a week and whole prey 2-3 times a week. Sometimes he gets both whole prey and turkey.

As for the ratio. I mix 1 Tbsp of cod liver oil with 1 pound of lean ground turkey and mix it all up, put it in a ziplock so that it's all flattened out and freeze it about half way frozen. then i take it out and cut it into little meal size blocks and individually freeze them in little sandwhich bags. Then I just take one out, plop it in a cup of hot water outta the sink and it's ready in 5 minutes or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me