• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Weird spots on tegu

iamcrow25

I’ve done my research about tegus and I have not seen something that matched this photo yet. Can someone help explain what these spots mean and what I could do to help?

Attachments

• 3B5563DF-3C30-4464-8F6E-90B7DD58A469.jpeg
    3B5563DF-3C30-4464-8F6E-90B7DD58A469.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140

Alex’s Reptiles

Honestly I’m not sure what they are- that being said I think just give it a few sheds and observe your tegu and see if it bothers him/her and if not and it’s not growing, I’d just leave it alone for now.

Dylan koch

They look like spot where it got burnt from being under the heat lamp for too long! My female blue tegu had something pretty similar but worse from her trying to climb and escape my pushing the heat lamp up and burnt her self and now has a permanent scar looking thing on neck.. pretty sure yours is burns from heat lamp

VersacesMama

i agree, it looks like a heat lamp burn. moisturize it with a bit of coconut oil, it will help with the dry look, and a masssaged gu is a happy gu.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
My adult male has a couple of spots similar to yours - kind of grayed or faded patches - and while I didn't think it was because of the heat lamp - I think it's possible. Whatever it is - they don't seem to be growing, and when he sheds, they are still there. So - it seems like some sort of wear and tear, but not threatening.

iamcrow25

They look like spot where it got burnt from being under the heat lamp for too long! My female blue tegu had something pretty similar but worse from her trying to climb and escape my pushing the heat lamp up and burnt her self and now has a permanent scar looking thing on neck.. pretty sure yours is burns from heat lamp
I try to put the heat lamp where he can’t reach it. But he loves smacking it

Zyn

Healed burns make sure your lamp is sending the light and heat over the area and not a small condensed area

IrieRogue

I’ve done my research about tegus and I have not seen something that matched this photo yet. Can someone help explain what these spots mean and what I could do to help?
When I first got my boy Pubba, he began developing these odd spots on him. When they first began developing they looked similar to what I see on your baby. I took him to the vet, & not even he could identify what it was. He suggested I try something prior to sending the scraping off to the lab. I began using povidone-iodine, diluted to the color of fresh brewed black tea, & I would soak him in a warm bath of it twice a day. The spots began healing, & a few months & sheds later they were completely gone. I assume it was some sort of bacterial infection that he had carried with him from Florida. I would suggest bathing your 'gu in iodine diluted with warm water to the aforementioned hue twice daily. If you notice improvement, keep doing so until you no longer see signs of the spots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980