• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What’s the youngest age a baby tegu should be when sold by a breeder?

NewToTheGuCrew

Hi there. I’m currently in the throes of researching every obscure detail about tegus and their care that I can get my hands on. Once the 8x4x4 enclosure arrives and the setup is perfect I’m leaning toward purchasing a baby blue or black and white tegu (if anyone has a recommendation there it would be welcomed as well). While I’d love to start the taming process as early as possible, I was wondering what the minimum age a baby tegu should be before being sold (and potentially shipped)? And is there an ideal age to purchase a baby? Example: with some reptiles it’s advised to wait until they’re closer to the juvenile stage and have gotten past the “fragile” period. I want the end result to be a tegu that’s a calm, sociable, and tame adult and am willing to put in a lot of time and effort to achieve this. Is there a “sweet spot” age to begin the taming process and what should the minimum age of a baby tegu be before being sold? Thanks and I’m excited to hear firsthand perspectives from people that have been through this process from infancy to adulthood.

rsbenedict

I don't know about the recommended age, but I highly recommend Rose City Reptiles in Texas for getting your Tegu. They have a very helpful YouTube channel and I can personally attest that Joey is a great guy! He answered all my questions when I was getting my Tegu.

NewToTheGuCrew

I don't know about the recommended age, but I highly recommend Rose City Reptiles in Texas for getting your Tegu. They have a very helpful YouTube channel and I can personally attest that Joey is a great guy! He answered all my questions when I was getting my Tegu.
Thanks! I’ve heard great things about Rose City Reptiles and they’re toward the top of my list. It’s clear from Joey’s YouTube videos that he really cares about his animals and I’ll always want to support a breeder whose animals are happy and well-cared for.

rsbenedict

Thanks! I’ve heard great things about Rose City Reptiles and they’re toward the top of my list. It’s clear from Joey’s YouTube videos that he really cares about his animals and I’ll always want to support a breeder whose animals are happy and well-cared for.
Absolutely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980