• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What happened with these tegu eggs?

Riplee

5 Year Member
they have blood line inside.

But they have hollow part, why it happened? Is this normal?

Thank you very much.

Temp-87F
Humility: 80%

Attachments

• 21321231.jpg
    21321231.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 63

LizardKing75

Riplee said:

Thank you very much.

Temp-87F

Blood line do you mean veins Riplee how long have they been layed i dont think veins appear until 2-3 weeks if that.. did the eggs always have those dents on them maybe infertile,
you will know soon if they grow mold and have a smell of a rotten egg in as little as three days after incubating..are you using the 4:1 ratio of medium to water mix ?

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Hi Riplee. I don't know if you seen this info before but in case you didn't I thought I post it on here. I wish I could help you but I haven't bred any Tegus yet.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7567#axzz1IjW2zfVD

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=2762#axzz1IjW2zfVD

Riplee

5 Year Member
LizardKing75 said:
Riplee said:

Thank you very much.

Temp-87F

Blood line do you mean veins Riplee how long have they been layed i dont think veins appear until 2-3 weeks if that.. did the eggs always have those dents on them maybe infertile,
you will know soon if they grow mold and have a smell of a rotten egg in as little as three days after incubating..are you using the 4:1 ratio of medium to water mix ?

Yeah. veins. very short and tiny but I can see it. it has been laid 5 days till today. After I posted here, I figure it is the humility problem. at the first 2 days, the humility in the hatch box are too low.

now some of them seems grew back a little.

I use 4:1 ratio in the bottom which is mixed by perlite and vermiculite. on the top I use HatchRite.

Thank you

txrepgirl said:
Hi Riplee. I don't know if you seen this info before but in case you didn't I thought I post it on here. I wish I could help you but I haven't bred any Tegus yet.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7567#axzz1IjW2zfVD

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=2762#axzz1IjW2zfVD

Hi, I read all the thread in the breeding section. lol

Thank you for your help.

Riplee

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saw veins in my eggs at 5 days for some and 7 days for others. They look like they are dehydrating. If the humidity is 87%, that is OK. I would try burying the eggs in the substrate a bit more so that they are about half buried. That way they contact the medium and can absorb moisture.

LizardKing75

I have eggs incubating from 3/28/11 and i will get a moldy egg occasionally which i treat with antifungal powder. They have not sunken in and were round and plump after her laying..

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 50

got10

LizardKing75 said:
I have eggs incubating from 3/28/11 and i will get a moldy egg occasionally which i treat with antifungal powder. They have not sunken in and were round and plump after her laying..

wow my daughters birthday

Riplee

5 Year Member
They are all grow back already in the first week. All the eggs looking good right now.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980