• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What I Picked Up At Hamburg Today: Sedona

Azaleah

5 Year Member
So today I went to Hamburg looking for a redfoot tortoise. However, I couldn't help it when I saw THIS gorgeous little girl(?) for sale. Here are some pictures of my newest addition: Sedona.

sedona22809_1.jpg

sedona22809_2.jpg

sedona22809_3.jpg

and here's a closeup of the patterning on her back:

sedonaback.jpg

She's pretty small now, but a good size considering she's from '08 stock and was brumated. She's looking pretty female to me, but of course she is still young. Hope you guys all enjoy the new pics. And hopefully one day, I'll be having my male Blue and her get together :). Would LOVE to see the outcome of that!

Oh, and I believe I may the only person who comes out of a reptile show with a pet rat. That's right, someone was selling fancy rats... and I came home with a gray rex XD.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
sweet little tegu! she looks great. congrats on the pick-up...except the rat....gross....i tried breeding them for my snakes a while ago, couldn't do it. the smell was too much.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I think I saw that girl! I only saw one red the whole day so it has got to be here. Man, it was packed there though....I didn't expect that line!

Congrats on your new girl...

I picked up a snake =)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Man, it was packed there though....I didn't expect that line!
Did it extend through the parking lot and all the way up to the street?? It was like that when we went in 08/07, and 85 degrees at 9am. HOT!!!! Hotter inside!!

I wish we could have gone.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:
Man, it was packed there though....I didn't expect that line!
Did it extend through the parking lot and all the way up to the street?? It was like that when we went in 08/07, and 85 degrees at 9am. HOT!!!! Hotter inside!!

I wish we could have gone.

Yes and it was nonstop! It was still there when we left at 2! There was barely walking room in there!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cool tegu! When were you there? I was hanging out with Limey at Royal Reptilia for awhile and he had Red foots! I didn't see anyone at the show o_O

As for the line, I was there before 9 and it was already started up! It was crazy all day long! I have never seen so many people there before. I actually took a picture of the line lol. This is after you go down the hill and around the corner. It was alot longer.
PICT0001-2.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks like a nice girl, also it looked like fun, wish I could have joined you guys.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Yea the line was ridiculous. I got there at 8:30 cuz we left earlier than expected, and by 8:45 they were on the street. By 11:30 when I left it looked like no one moved. It was ridiculous because there would be random "traffic jams" in the crowd where everyone would just stop and you would have to wait 5 minutes just to move to the next vendor. Ridiculous.

This girl was for sale with another red male as someone's personal pets. He said he hated to give them away but times were tough and he couldn't afford to keep them. I felt bad cuz I know how he feels, but I just couldn't pass her up. She is so sweet and gorgeous. I'll get a red foot next time :).

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man, it looks like they need a larger building, that thing looks too small for all them people.

Markie

5 Year Member
She's beautiful! It's too bad that he had to sell her, but at least she went to a good home!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029