• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What Im doing to tame the beast

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
I have a 3 month old female B&W and I just want to see tell you that I am doing to tame her, any suggestions or recomendations would help greatly.
Almost everyday before I feed her I go into her cage and pet her and talk to her before I go to pick her up. Then I will pick her up and hold her and let her walk around on me for a while then I will sit on the bed with her and let her walk around on the bed.
Then I put her in her feeding bin to eat when she seems like she is done I will put her back into her cage for the day.

scarecrow

5 Year Member
sounds about right. I'm making sure to hang out outside Zevi's enclosure so he gets used to my presence and realizes I'm not a threat. I'll let him hang out or crawl around in my hand too. So long as you're not being too invasive when you pet her, it should be fine. Make sure she's not tensing and closing her eyes. It sounds like a good method.
I also put a scrap of my shirt into Zevi's enclosure when I got him, and he immediately dragged it into his basking spot. I'm hoping that gets him comfortable with my scent and so forth.

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
When I go in to pet her she will arch her back then when I start to pet her she will go back to a normal posture.

Ill try the shirt thing too, thanks

Schnab

5 Year Member
When they arch their backs like that it's a sign that she's uncomfterble. Mine would do the same thing. But as long as she sees your hand first and/or is more used to you she'll settle down. Putting some clothing in the enclosure that was worn the same day helps alot to get them used to your sent. I've been doing that with mine since I got him and it helped to get him used to me. Now he'll rest his head on my shirt and sometimes he'd burrow under it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029