• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What incubator should I get?

Tikikitty95

I am in search of a new incubator. I just sold my Reptibator (I hated it) and I'm thinking of getting something like one of the fridge looking models. I like the idea of a fan and a breeder I talked to said it was more natural than a strictly top heating one like the Reptibator. So my question is what do you guys know and recommend with this particular type of incubator? And does anyone know anything about the Reptipro 5000? That's the one I'm really considering. Price is not the biggest factor in my search but I would like to keep it $300 or less.

Thanks guys

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used a reptibator a couple months ago and HATED the piece of junk.. It hatched my eggs but I had to manually adjust the temperature twice a day for crying out-loud. I suggest making your own incubator, you can make an awesome, reliable incubator for ~$150. That's my plan anyway, there's a plethora(yeah, I just watched 3 amigos) of DIY incubator plans on the web, check some of them out!

A quick search yielded these 2 DIYs ranging from inexpensive to fairly expensive:
http://bamboozoo.weebly.com/diy-building-an-incubator.html
http://www.strictlyballs.ca/incubator.htm

Tikikitty95

I really dont want to make one (I'm not very handy in that department) but I have seen people make some pretty great ones. I just found out that the Reptipro has like a 5 degree difference from top to bottom which kind of bothers me a bit. I think if you set it to the very middle temp range it should be fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980