• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is your favorite tegu, and why?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think everyone knows what my favorite tegu is. :) Extreme tegus are just awesome; I like the colors and the size/bulk. I also like the tameness they are showing; the babies I held back this year are very tame.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I would like to say Blues are my Fav Tegu but I don't have any yet. :wink:
I have a B&W,Red and a Blue and Red cross.I can't choose favorite out of those so I will say I like them all the same.

Brat!

nat

5 Year Member
I love my black and white arg. b/c she is my first tegu and just showed such awesome intelligence, blew me away.

I would love to have an extreme giant though. I love big animals, I can't help it : )

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I love Black & Whites, especially with a lot of black. Bobby's Dark Lady is one of my favorites. I really like the Chacoan's (Am I allowed to say that or is Rick gonna come tell me I'm stupid?) but don't have the money for one yet. Reds are beautiful and have a majestic quality to them. Blues I have no use for, or interest in, and have personal opinions that I will not discuss so to keep the thread on task.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The wild tegus! they have so much variation and color!!! if only we could get some into the US stock.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
The wild tegus! they have so much variation and color!!! if only we could get some into the US stock.

If only we could get the population of wild tegus back up to their natural habitation of their places of descent. If only we could end the massacre of the animals for meat, and boots, and friggin' belts you can buy on eBay. Then we could import more naturally occuring morphs and let the pet trade thrive. We need to fix the problem first, or we'll just end up like the blues.

p.s. - That wasn't like a shot on you Joe. Lol. I just am upset with the way people treat animals in SA. We can't have any more tegus because their people are destroying their population.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Having 3 types of Tegus but it's hard to decide. I like the looks of the Blues but ours have neutral personalities. Our big Red has the best personality.

I'd like to get an Extreme but we just don't have the room to house a 5+ foot lizard. Dang they look great!!

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
I have a red, and I like the reds, i like theyre eyes most of all, that and the fact that they look like they are the most scary out of all of the tegus lol.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ari Gold said:
I have a red, and I like the reds, i like theyre eyes most of all, that and the fact that they look like they are the most scary out of all of the tegus lol.
Oh yea!!! Our Red is very mean looking but he's a big baby, more like an old dog.

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
I will have to go with the Reds since thats what I have. I do like the looks of the black and white tegu's alot too. The red just looks so different!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would have to say... I like them all the same.. But more reds i guess cause mine turn pink when they are about to shed...and i think its funny when my male turns pink...

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
my favorite tegu that I've seen pictures of in captivity is the one called "Archameades" posted by CuttThroatChris on the other tegu forum.

Maybe it was just the pictures but something about him just strikes my eye as perfect.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thetegu.com/postt5213.html">http://thetegu.com/postt5213.html</a><!-- m -->

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
redtail2426 said:
I think snow tegus look the best.

The so-called "snow tegus" are very pretty, but they are simply very light colored albinos, so if you decide to buy one, try not to get hosed on the price, because they are not what the definition of a snow is. They are not patternless and white, they are just very light albinos.

I will say that they are gorgeous and I think they are one of the most beautiful tegus, but I consider it trying to morph the species and I disagree with morphing.

dorton

5 Year Member
Mine would have to be the extreme giant, but a close second would be a nice red. I really like the one Cowher posted up from vacation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029