• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is your Red Tegu like?

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Hi guys! I have a young black and white argentine tegu. I was thinking of getting a red because I think they are such awesome lizards. I was talking to someone tonight who knows someone with a really large red. He says its a complete savage and he seems to have a negative opinion on tegus. Im just wondering if some of you could tell some of your experiences with your tegus. As far as I knew, I thought they were really docile friendly lizards???

brianratm

5 Year Member
I have a 4 month old Black and White and a 3 month old Red. I'd say the Black and White is already dog tame. He comes to my hand and closes his eyes when I pet him. The Red is very figidty and hyper. He runs from my hand. So far he seems to have a more nervous personality than my Black and White, but it could be that he is still getting used to me. I would agree that all have different personalities and it also has to do with how you raise them.

Gx3

5 Year Member
I have a red and he is super tame. I handle him everyday (that he is awake) and never feed him live food or in his cage.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
its honestly all about how you raise him, theres methods of taming like not feeding live, feeding in a different tank, putting a recently worn shirt in the cage for a few days, and handling daily. A red can get just as tame as a b&w easy, columbians are the only extremely tough ones to tame, some not even possible...but reds are very friendly if tamed correctly. Id say go for it, awesome colors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan