• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What kind of harness to use?

Merlot

Hey folks, my little guy is a juvenile around 20 months of age, 41 inches and 6 pounds even. What kind of harnesses do you guys use for a tegu? He’s medium size, still growing obviously, and I don’t really care if I have to buy another later as long as I can find one that fits ok right now. I would love to hear what you guys use, pics are a bonus!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Merlot, Whichever you try, try first in-hime. A barrel roll bettee inside than outside. Outside means a lot. Mine soend severeemral months outside and are well habituated to their outside enclosure. To take them outside here and there can be stressful.

Merlot

Definitely, before he woke up this season from brumation, I would always put em on a leash with some that locked on real good and even then I was still paranoid. I would take him by parents and sisters house all the time. I figure now with him being so big he’s gonna need something real secure like a small cat/dog harness that has the loop by the front arms and the one by the mid section being held by a sort of attachment point between the two

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me