• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What species of tegu do I have?

Tegulover411

i have a 8 month old tegu I bought from a reptile show on June 26, 2016. The breeder said he was a Columbian black and white tegu. I'm not to sure what he meant by that because he isn't growing large like the argentines I see online he's slowly growing, but I know he's still just a wee lad/las. My question is what does he look like to you guys and girls.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Hard to say with no photo.

Which is quite appropriate as there are no true Columbian tegus out there. Colombian tegus, on the other hand, are very real.

Rotad

Colombian Tegu's do not grow as large as the arg tegus so that's why he's a small compared to the arg tegus you've been seeing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizardking1