• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What to do...hibernating?

TURTLE75

5 Year Member
I acquired my yearling male Black and White about three months ago. He got settled in and was eating regularly, but now doesn't seem to have interest in any food offered. I have provided him a hide with a deep layer of hay and leaves which he used for about 3 weeks. I figured he was down for the count. About a week ago he came back out. Still no food interest, but he took a bath in his water basin. Everyday he's sleeping in a different spot. He seems pretty sleepy. Just not in his hide. I have reduced the lights day length, but don't want shut them down completely because he's still awake. What should I do? A little help would be great.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Do you keep his hibe moist ? do you stir it up when he comes out so the hay will not mold on the buttom ? Since he is still coming out I would keep doing what you are doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980