• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What to expect when you're expecting?

casanoveh

What's up all? I'm just trying to get a little first hand info from any of y'all who have dealt with prego tegus! First thing I'd like to know is, how obvious is it if your tegu has gotten pregnant? Physical changes? Behavioral changes?
I've read some older posts from members and Bobby. So I know about the possible aggression towards intruders.
Basically I'd like to be a little prepared. I really would like to avoid coming home from work and seeing a pile of eggs just chillin in the enclosure!
For about the last month and a half my male blue has been trying really hard to get some booty. My female (who is almost 2 yrs old) hasn't seemed to want anything to do with it.
I haven't noticed him trying to get any for atleast 2 weeks now.
I've noticed my female the last few days staying up at night a lot later than usual. She's been somewhat digging and moving the substrate around. I get home from work tonight and she has completely rearranged the enclosure. The substrate has been lifted up and moved all over the place. She was obviously very busy today. And she's still awake, which is about 4 hours past their usual bedtime.
Sorry I'm rambling. Guess I'm just a nervous (possible) father.
Any past experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980