• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

whats going on what should i do

booyea797

Hey everyone by extreme gu has been down for awhile now he'll pop up once in a blue moon have some water I still have his light on he's been not out really sense early September what should I do about his lighting its cold in my room and it gets colder here in Chicago help would b nice not criticism thanks

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If it gets colder than 60-65 you could get a ceramic heat emitter.

booyea797

Should I put a uvb strip on? I have a mvb bulb in right now so should I just take that out buy a 100 watt cermanic light and a uvb strip

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could, but if he doesn't come out much it wouldn't be necessary.

booyea797

So should I buy a 100 watt zoomed should I buy the wire lamp and just run that bulb 24 hours and not put a uvb strip on is what ur saying

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm saying if the temps get below 60 in the cage, run a ceramic heat emitter 24 hours a day.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey im from chicago too lol, i wouldnt worry about it, i have seen my tegus enclosures drop to the mid 40*s during the winter months, and they hibernated/brumated just fine, from what i have read in argentina the temps can get low enough for the ground to freeze(definately dont let your tegu get down to freezing temps)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980