• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What's THE youngest breeding you heard of?

Beasty

5 Year Member
The reason I ask is, due to circumstances beyond my control, I am having to house Powder and Belle together. They seem to get along fine other than a little pushy turn taking under the hotter halogen basking area. She was being the more assertive one even though he was slightly larger. Well now he's even bigger and I caught them playing ring around the cage and he caught her! She doesn't seem to be holding follicles but that's very encouraging as far as their compatibility. He was quite gentle with her it seems and did not leave a mark. If by some crazy, off chance, the breeding took and I get eggs I'm gonna freak!
Powder's about 13 months I guess. Belle is a fairly big (blue) girl for 10 months at around 38"+. We'll see. :fc
I don't think I'll get anything out of 'em but it's nice to see I got horny lizards. :jes No pix this time but I'm going to be home a LOT more now it seems so I'll keep my camera ready. :roon

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did they wrap tails?? I doubt they could breed at such a young age. Booby had some breed this year by accident at I think less than 2 years old. If she isn't larger than normal she doesn't have any follicles. See some of my females pics for reference. It doesn't hurt to practice!!

Good luck next year!!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Oh yeah! Tails wrapped, all that. Saw his equipment, everything. I don't think he actually got in there but yeah, practice is good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980