• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which Sex?

a male or a female?

• I think it's a male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it's a female

• not sure...

• Total voters

Godspeed

5 Year Member
Could you tell me which sex my red tegu is and the reason why.

101420084ue8.jpg

101420086tt0.jpg

101420087kg1.jpg

Godspeed

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
No visible spurs and no jowls but she may be too young to accurately tell. http://TeguTalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2315#2315

They have to be at least 2 feet long (as you think yours is), and possibly up to 3 feet, to see the spurs.

You could take her to a good herp vet who can probe her for you and get a better idea.

Indeed... Mine is too small to see the buttons. s/he is around two feet long anyway.
Yes, as you say, I would take this tegu to a shop one day.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Just from looking at it I'd say female. It's overal appearance tooks female to me. Of course I'm just taking an educated guess. I have been wrong before. LOL

Oddball

5 Year Member
I wanna say male, just as a guess. I can visualize jowls easily on itin the future, but I'm no professional

mr.king

5 Year Member
i cant see and little beads so im callin female the also are really any cneck sacks and my red had wicked visible ones even when he was like 4 months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me