• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

White headed tegu vs blues?

capnchaos

5 Year Member
I am curious if there is a major difference between the attitudes of blues and white heads when it comes to "taming" them? Price is not really an issue and I prefer the White headed or albinos over the blues but i have heard my question go both ways, obviously each animal will have there own personality traits, but i was hoping to get a solid answer about one over the other. Thanks for any advice you can offer

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Everyone is going to have different opinions on this, however my opinion is that the Argentine black and whites are the tamest of all the tegus. I have had a few blues through the years, and never had one that was even close to being as tame as my BnWs.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
well it seems that no matter where you go or who you ask the answer will be the argentine b&w's hands down.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Bobby, are you saying that the Chacoans are typically more docile than the B&W's?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Hey Bobby, are you saying that the Chacoans are typically more docile than the B&W's?

Yes I would say they are, it might be due to the large size, they might not feel as threatened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029