• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Whose Tegu is still hibernating

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Just wanted to see whose Tegu is still hibernating. My two All American hatchlings that I got in September are still hibernating. I checked on them the other day and they were fine. They were out for about 5 minutes and then went back into hibernation.

Orion

5 Year Member
My little Tegu is still under. I can see her everyday since she has made her den up against the glass in aquarium. I have her heat on and UV lights running 12 hours a day now. I am hoping she will wake up soon. She was moving every other day adjusting herself. But she hasn't moved in four days. I got Tiny at the MARS show back in September and she/he went down in November and has not been out since.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
Mine went down in November and is still out. I just noticed yesterday you could see into her den from the back of the cage. So i pulled the cage forward to see into it. She changes her position about 4 times a day so far, but has not come out. Her den is right under my lights, but I am not going to turn them on, ill let her do her own thing like it would be in nature. But I do miss the girl..it was her first hibernation.
robert

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Thank you, you two for your reply ;) . I just wish they would come out already. I never had a Tegu hibernate for this long :( .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980