• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why are Tegus in Canada so damn expensive?

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Because unlike many places in the states;
- you can't just put them outdoors and let them do their thing
- you have to invest far more into keeping them well in Canada, particularly if you want to breed, and considering how everything just costs more here...
- if you aren't locally breeding, then you have to import, beings as they are CITES II protected, this puts restrictions and extra costs on them
- it's a much smaller market in Canada, with fewer breeders, and therefore prices will be inflated

Not saying I think this is a good price, it's just one of the many things that we as Canadians will always pay more than in the US, especially when after numerous studies have looked into this discrepancy, it is solely because our government prefers that companies make profit as opposed to consumers get a fair price.

daxx973

I'm not sure where you are but I live in Canada as well and if you look hard enough tegus do show up once in a while that are not from tegutopia. There are actually still some available in Alberta. And just a note (not a bad note or a good note. Just a note!) tegutopia doesn't actually breed them yet. She gets stock from tegu terra

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me