• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why does is my tegu hiding all the time?

AmberRoses

5 Year Member
I just got my columbian black & white tegu. It is approximately 12 inches long. It seems that all it does is burrow in the mulch or hide in my shirts if I am holding it. PLEASE HELP ME! :(

31drew31

5 Year Member
If you just got him he is probably still very confused and is scared. Id give him a week or so and just let him figure out his surroundings then start by just petting his back when hes in the enclosure and if he runs away let him. then try again later when he is back out again. I give new animals usually about a week to settle in then i start by petting him then if hes ok with it i pick him up slowly but dont take him out of his cage so he still feels secure. And until he is fine with that i dont handle him outside of his enclosure. Try that... hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980