• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why is she trying to bite me?

Legion6789

I've had my tegu for a few years now and she's never tried to bite me. Recently she's become more aggressive. It seems to happen at random. The first time I was laying down next to her and she bit me on the face. Not aggressively, it was a very small bite and only caused a cut the size of a shaving cut. Just now though she started aggressively trying to bite me. Jumping at my hands with her mouth open. My hands were empty and I don't hand feed her. It's not reactionary either, so it's not like I'm annoying her and she responds. It seems more like her tongue starts flicking in and out and she decides I smell tasty. After trying for my hands she started "hunting" my toes.

Any idea where this behavior would come from and how to curb it?

Legion6789

Its getting worse. She used to only make lazy attempts to bite my hands or feet when they were a few inches away. But now she's charging at me from across the room.

I don't know how to get her to understand that the behavior is unacceptable and can only end badly for her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029