• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

wild mice invasion

steve

5 Year Member
i am being over run by field mice in my home and i have been wondering if it would be ok if my tegu caught them and ate them not knowing if they are diseased or have gotten into any poison anywhere. it seems like a bad idea but i would like other opinions before i set her to wander about and possibly catch a few of the pests.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Yeah, no telling WHAT they've been into, so I'd say it's a very bad idea. They have sticky traps though, and if you catch any just put them into an enclosure, feed them a well balanced diet, and within a few months anything bad would be washed from their systems, and they can be used as feeders.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i would say NO WAY DUDE!!!!!!,, i know it sounds weird but i bet you have alot of money tied up in your tegu and you would feel real lets say bad, if your tegu got sick or died over trying to save a few bucks. all/most wild animals/rodents have some kind of parasite or infection that your tegus immune system has not had to deal with and might have a serious impact on a demesticated tegu. if it was ok to do this every reptile owners would be setting traps in a feild somewhere and saving big time cash in the long run on mice..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029