• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Will Cowher be gone forever?!?!?

COWHER

5 Year Member
Well I hope not but I just found out that I am leaving the country for about a year I will be headed to Costa Rica to do volunteer work. Thats why I have been missing so much for the last few months.. I am looking into it, but ....I may have to sell My Barbossa... :cry:

ZEKE

5 Year Member
ooh. what kind of volunteer work? have fun.

if you still need a place to send Chancho i would still be happy to take him :)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
"Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Wow thats really kinda cool. Hopefully you'll be able to keep in contact with all of us while you are there.

And I am sorry that you may have to sell Barbossa... but I am sure you will find him a great home on here...

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aww man, I've been all around the world, but I've never been to Costa Rica. As someone already asked, what will you be doing in the way of volunteer work while there?

I may be going for a year or two to work with Sea Shepherd, but that's not for another 2-3 years.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
That's awesome dude I wish I could go somewhere for that long but hey ill be going to colombia for the month of august. That's gonna suck for you what's gonna happen to the tegus are you gonna sell them.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I'm just throwing this out there. But If you don't want to sell Barbossa. I would be willing to take him and keep him until you return. Then you can get him back. No charge of course. If you can Volunteer to go Costa Rica for a year. The least I can do is Volunteer my time to you. This offer will stand Up till the last minute you leave. Contact me anytime if you would like to take me up on it.
I will take any member's reptiles and do this. If some are in the military. If you have to leave out. Contact me . I'll keep your reptiles for free. Until you return home safely. Then give them back to you.

dorton

5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
I'm just throwing this out there. But If you don't want to sell Barbossa. I would be willing to take him and keep him until you return. Then you can get him back. No charge of course. If you can Volunteer to go Costa Rica for a year. The least I can do is Volunteer my time to you. This offer will stand Up till the last minute you leave. Contact me anytime if you would like to take me up on it.
I will take any member's reptiles and do this. If some are in the military. If you have to leave out. Contact me . I'll keep your reptiles for free. Until you return home safely. Then give them back to you.

Thats awesome. My hats off to you.

Cowher,
Congrats if its been something you want to do. When will you be heading out?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
It's really nothing. I have access to free feeders and I raise rats. It really wouldn't cost me much . Just my time. My time is worth no more than his is. I've got a feeling Cowher will be way busier than I will be. LOL
I've been seeing where people have been listing their stuff for sale cause they are shipping off to Iraq and such. I hate to see them loose all their reptiles . On top of them risking their lives for a bunch of people who don't even deserve rights that we have.
I'm not sure what Cowher will be doing . But if it is important enough that he wants to volunteer his time to do it. Then I can volunteer mine also.

Thanks for the kind sentiments though.

COWHER

5 Year Member
Hey guys thanks for the support I will be going down to help people in poverty repair their houses (fix holes in the roof give them electric wiring etc) I would go to China or Myanmar but My Religion is ban out there so That isn't possible. Thanks for the offer Harv I may just take you up on that offer. I can bring a dog but I am not sure My living quarters are allowing reptiles so thats what I'm waiting on. got to go now but I will keep in touch... :rasp

COWHER

5 Year Member
as some of you know I will be leaving to go to Costa Rica soon. I have decided to put it off until the middle of August. I decided to do this due to the fact that Again as some of you know I found out I have Skin Cancer (melanoma). I am going to do a Natural Treatment due to the fact that I was told that I only had a year if I did "normal treatment" and 9 months if I went with out. So hey I'll Give it a shot :fc . Bert's Struggle with cancer has made me feel ok with letting y'all know that I do to. You may not understand but when some one finds out they are sick they want people to remember them as healthy and happy not a sickly zombie. I will keep you all updated. :thyo

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
COWHER said:
as some of you know I will be leaving to go to Costa Rica soon. I have decided to put it off until the middle of August. I decided to do this due to the fact that Again as some of you know I found out I have Skin Cancer (melanoma). I am going to do a Natural Treatment due to the fact that I was told that I only had a year if I did "normal treatment" and 9 months if I went with out. So hey I'll Give it a shot :fc . Bert's Struggle with cancer has made me feel ok with letting y'all know that I do to. You may not understand but when some one finds out they are sick they want people to remember them as healthy and happy not a sickly zombie. I will keep you all updated. :thyo
I hate to hear that man. I understand what you mean. Staying strong about things helps a lot. Maybe everything will work out for you. I'll add you to my prayer list. I hope you enjoy your Costa Rica trip.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good luck man!! I hope you're not going to be spending alot of time in the sun in Costa Rica??!! That will only possibly accelerate the growth of new spots. SPF 1000!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214