• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

will have a tegu soon

jparker1

i am new to tegus but have had other reptiles my whole life. i will be getting a adult columbian tegu soon (10/15/12). the current owner breeds snakes and never gave the tegu much time or attention, she is not very friendly and is known to bite sometimes. i have a new home for her and also got a feeding tank/cage for her. her new home is 4 ft log by 3 ft high, and 2 feet deep. i know this is kind of small for her but she has been in a 40 gallon tank her whole life, maybe thats why she is not friendly? i am looking for some tips to help me make her friendly or at least easier to handle for feeding and cleaning. i have read some good tips here and printed all kinds of tegu care sheets. any other tips and tricks would be great. i am also building / finishing her new home this month. any tips on building hides or where to get hides for a adult tegu would help. i will post on the build soon. (i dont breed reptiles i keep them for fun and show case them in my home, been told my set ups are better then some zoos)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new tegu when it arrives, :) I hope you're up for the challenge. You can start with the same steps as working with a baby tegu. In the mean time the Taming Tegus Discussion forum has plenty of ideas and techniques posted there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980