• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Will my tegu hibernate this year?

mguy

5 Year Member
Last year my tegu started hibernation in october it was its first and it woke up in february now in august it shows no sign of slowing down will he hibernate again?

mguy

5 Year Member
Today he ate all of his food but stayed in his favorite hide do they do this sometimes?

carcharios

5 Year Member
Today my tegus barely came out of their hide. Yesterday, they were out sunning themselves. Today was overcast and it rained this morning. Yesterday was hotter and sunny. I think it changes day to day in terms of whether or not they come out. I guess your tegu could be hibernating but it does seem somewhat early.

mguy

5 Year Member
I am to belive that my tegu was captive hatched so that could be a reason for his early hibernation

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So long as you're providing the right temps/light/food/humidity I wouldn't worry about his fickle habits. They don't always go down and come up at the same time every year. He may even decide to stay up all winter and eat you out of house and home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980