• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Will not eat....

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Sounds like a good idea but, there is the major draw back of him running out of my cage when ever i try getting him or even coming into the room he darts off.

Monster Boas

5 Year Member
I want to Thank Bobby Hill for this great advice:

Well we are on attempt #2 and have been unsuccessful with him eating. I been looking on the internet and found some awesome suggestions:

If I were you, I would try to get them to eat a little raw yogurt, the kind with no fruit and live bacteria. Some are processed to kill the bacteria, these are not the types you want. Raw yogurt has (friendly yogurt-type bacteria).

Digestive Enzymes, these are facilitators, and they have a different job than dietary enzymes, in that they are present in all living matter and they are necessary for proper digestion. For our pets to obtain proper digestion, they need digestive enzymes which are normally made by the pancreas (digestive enzymes) and are found in yogurt provided the yogurt is not cooked or heated, this process destroys 100% of the enzymes.

probiotics are live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on the host". In other words, probiotics are live bacteria that are beneficial to health, when eaten an adequate amount. It is important for our large intestine to maintain a healthy count of these "good" bacteria. Quite a few studies found that probiotics may enhance immunity by regulating lymphocytes as well as antibodies.

So IMO, raw yogurt's enzymes can and do help boost the bacteria needed to digest food. This should boost their enzymes enough to get them back to good feeding.

You might need to force feed them a little to get them started, but it is well worth a try.

This is credited to Bobby Hill of TeguTalk.Com

Today I will be running out and getting some Activia Yogurt. I really never put any thaught into enzymes before, but when it comes to this I have alot of learning to do!

-Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I think I had a huge break through.....

I went to the store and picked up some activia yogurt. I had to mederatly forve feed him (Well, had to get the syringe in his mouth) and he excepted 6 TSP of the yogurt. Well he was real active afterwards so I decided to thaw some mice. I attempted plain mice and he would not except them so I dipped the nose of the first mouse in the yogurt and boom, he took it. After that, he excepted four more plain mice. So in another 2 days we will go through this procedure and see it we can do this again!

-Rob

***So this is where I am tonight and feel accomplished with it***

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980