• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Would (YOU) buy HDPE enclosure over PVC foamboard cage?

angel619392

I'm not an easily offended person but on top of saying "btw, HDPE is high-density polyethylene" and wrong since polyethylene is one word, as if I'm a moron, who doesn't know what the plastic is you then decided to continue with yet another post and literally breakdown wtf the meaning of impact absorption is. So, yeah. Have a good one. Thank you very much Triple.
We are adults I already apologized and explained I did not mean what I said in a bad way and I did not even think anybody would take it in a bad way... But I feel like im being made the bad guy so have a good day

Last edited:

bocacash

5 Year Member
Chill TripleTegus...and Mamasaurus....we're all friends here with a common interest...Tegus ! One of the shortcomings of texting is the lack of body language/voice inflection which is at least half of human communication. I was surprised by YOUR remarks...as I think angel619392 was conveying a real request for feedback on a project/possibility that he is very passionate about ! My advice: Build it, price it right, and they will come ! Good luck angel !

Last edited:

bocacash

5 Year Member
I'm not an easily offended person but on top of saying "btw, HDPE is high-density polyethylene" and wrong since polyethylene is one word, as if I'm a moron, who doesn't know what the plastic is you then decided to continue with yet another post and literally breakdown wtf the meaning of impact absorption is. So, yeah. Have a good one. Thank you very much Triple.

UUUMMM...HDPE is correct !
https://www.boedeker.com/family/pol...heet&msclkid=c4dd1f7779311c1a7374416e17f781a5

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Chill TripleTegus...and Mamasaurus....we're all friends here with a common interest...Tegus ! One of the shortcomings of texting is the lack of body language/voice inflection which is at least half of human communication. I was surprised by YOUR remarks...as I think angel619392 was conveying a real request for feedback on a project/possibility that he is very passionate about ! My advice: Build it, price it right, and they will come ! Good luck angel !
Thanks for input Boca. Been mulling it over myself, as the feeling of insult seemed misplaced. Solid insight on your part. Thanks.

Mamasaurus

I was kind and I offered my honest feedback. I didn't give the answer he wanted but I did give an honest and empathic one to be fair. I thought the dialogue would be nice. Then it was broken down to me, with my thread specifically tagged, like I was stupid. I apologize if I was out of line but I got defensive. There absolutely was reason to feel that he was being rude by the verbiage. Also, I do know what HDPE stands for. I was just pointing out it's one word not two, like "if you're going to insult me at least do it properly" type of thing because it did absolutely did come off really condescending.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was kind and I offered my honest feedback. I didn't give the answer he wanted but I did give an honest and empathic one to be fair. I thought the dialogue would be nice. Then it was broken down to me, with my thread specifically tagged, like I was stupid. I apologize if I was out of line but I got defensive. There absolutely was reason to feel that he was being rude by the verbiage. Also, I do know what HDPE stands for. I was just pointing out it's one word not two, like "if you're going to insult me at least do it properly" type of thing because it did absolutely did come off really condescending.
I agree. We're better than using the word douche.

TripleTegus

The specific post I quoted was very arrogant and condescending. I felt someone was being attacked and made to feel inferior. I will not apologize for that

angel619392

You said I did not like your feedback which is not true and that is your subjective opinion .. I read it... took it in and then replied with the facts... if you go back you'll see I corrected you when you said PVC is stronger which is true but cage makers use XPVC so I was correcting the context on the way you used the word PVC... Then I simply just gave an example of how its durable with the forklift example... You then went on to say you have a Gu not a velociraptor... That's fine but I gave that example in case somebody else read the thread they could understand why HDPE is superior over pvc. But I appreciate the feedback I really do I was just correcting something you said in your first response to the thread and stuff was just misinterpreted for a insult or condescending way of saying something. It's just a misunderstanding lol it's all good. I just felt genuinely confused thinking what did I do??

But it's fine I do not take stuff personal. In the business world I've dealt with people who will do actions that can make you get really angry so you have to have thick skin like legit. I've been to prison and trust me having thick skin in there is a must but in business it's on a whole other level because in prison you solve stuff with violence but in business it's about wits.. Anyways I'm glad we were able to get our sides of this out...

angel619392

Thank you. I'm glad the both sides of our interpretation came out(mamasurus and I)..

angel619392

But yeah I basically have figured out the cost of stuff and got the numbers... Now it's about saving the money I need to make these.. I'll be able to get this done by march latest but more like February.. I'll make some DIY guides on making HDPE cages on here and youtube and then also I'll have a website that will offer valuable info that will save people getting into the hobby time and money. Of course stuff for advanced tegu, ball pythons, berries, green trees and carpet python info too. That's my plan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced