• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yearling Blue Female

CAPTAIN LIZARD

5 Year Member
Due to a change of plans, I have a nice Blue female up for sale. This girl is 2 + feet in length and is eating like a pig. She has been in an outside enclosure for a couple months now soaking up the Florida sun. Feeding on mice, turkey, liver and eggs. She is a little grumpy and has not been handled since placed outside. This girl will make a nice addition to someones breeding project, and is well on her way. Asking $600.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• 100_2975.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • 100_2980.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • 100_2974.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 7

Jer723

5 Year Member
not even 450, thats still outrageous! i know they are rare and all, but why not just buy a hatchling from dave for cheaper?

BSM

5 Year Member
The reason most people sell sub adult animals at a higher price then babies is time. You could buy a baby for 300 then you would have to put the work into it and spend hundreds within a year to raise it up or you could buy a sub adult/adult and have the animal big enough to breed right now. Just my 2 cents

Bryan

Rudd

5 Year Member
$450 wouldn't be bad, like BSM said, you have a year. You are paying for time. Looks like a nice healthy girl. Hell, an adult female would be cheap at $1,000 if you were planning to breed her.

I think the babies at $300 are too cheap. Who has them? Not many people. Dave sold out didn't he? How quickly? I would bet if he had them at $400 they would still have sold quickly.

CAPTAIN LIZARD

5 Year Member
REHAB,
I guess it depends on if your are a breeder or just a pet owner. Every one experienced in animals knows how much it take to raise a baby to an adult, if it makes it through the first 6 months. Sure you can by a baby blue for 300 -350, then you have to get through the first year , plus probably another 2-300 in food , heat lamps, plus all your time. I dont know what your time is worth, but a a year of my time is worth something. This female has had the best of care, has been outside in the sun most of her life, she does not have MBD, she has not been raised in a indoor cage and is as healthy as any animal you will find. I dont know what your time is worth, but if you have a yearling female this nice and this healthy for less I might be interested in keeping mine and buying yours.

CAPTAIN LIZARD

5 Year Member
I LISTED HERE FIRST TO GIVE YOU TEGUS GUYS THE FIRST CHANCE TO GET A NICE FEMALE FOR 600, I DIDNT MISTAKE THIS FOR KINGSNAKE, I JUST LISTED HER FOR 700 ON KINGSNAKE, I WILL BE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

BSM

5 Year Member
Not really mostly when its a female in most monitor/tegu species or in most species for that matter are worth twice what males are worth.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Well, with normals and reds, they maybe go up $100-$200 in value as adults. With blues, it wouldn't be worth it unless the tegu is at least 2-3 years old to be charging that.

A year isnt that long as it seems. They hibernate for at least half of the time.

Just an opinion. i wasn't trying to be rude even though I can totally see how i was.

My bad lol

Wooly

5 Year Member
CAPTAIN LIZARD said:
Every one experienced in animals knows how much it take to raise a baby to an adult, if it makes it through the first 6 months.

You don't have to be experienced in animals to know how to raise a hatchling to and adult. $600.00 is incredibly high and you will never get that much for it.

Rudd

5 Year Member
It's a nice looking yearling. Someone who is looking for a pet won't bother, someone who wants it for their project will. Blue prices are low in my mind.

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i used to own a blue female. i sold her for far less than that. 600 dollars is robbery. you would have to find someone either loaded or stupid to pay that outrageous price

BSM

5 Year Member
As every one is bring up about the price, then what about this on kingsnake there is a male blue for 500.
For a pet stand point the price is high but if your looking to breed its not as what babies go for 300 and you get say (10 eggs which hatch) thats 3000. So in the first clutch it pays for itself, im not in it for the money im in it for experience/joy for myself. Thats why i may buy the male posted on kingsnake for 500 and leave my friends male alone as hes attached to him. You also got to think blues are alot harder to find then the other types of tegus so a female is worth her weight in gold IMO

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
there arent impossible to find only if your impatient. 600 is out of control. but its not my money to spend.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Wooly said:
CAPTAIN LIZARD said:
Every one experienced in animals knows how much it take to raise a baby to an adult, if it makes it through the first 6 months.

You don't have to be experienced in animals to know how to raise a hatchling to and adult. $600.00 is incredibly high and you will never get that much for it.

I think he was just insinuating that I don't have experience therefore I don't know what I'm talking about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980