• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yet another New person!

Campo

Hi!

I recently set out to find myself a cold blooded companion, a Female B&W Tegu, I'm anticipating its arrival, Have not felt so darn restless for some time.

I ordered her from Underground reptiles, the majority of everything I looked at says there good, with some exceptions but who gets 100% positive feed back? (if some one knows something about them I should know pleas tell me, I would like to avoided any unwanted events)

I currently have a small (compared to what it requires once fully grown) set up, over the coming months ill be constructing peace by peace a much larger terrarium, I do have some questions though as I have not found an answer.

Questions:
1 The terrarium interior, specifically the bottom of it, whats the best material to use to avoid bad things? At this time I'm using a rubber mat material from home depot that covers the entire bottom and comes up the sides by about 3 inches. The idea is that it protects the bottom and makes cleaning easier by having all the substrate on something I can just pull out.

2 As for cleaning, Ill be spot cleaning all the solid mess. but in general how often do you change the substrate?

3 Ways to combat any smell, is there any plants, special substrate, non toxic things to place around the cage, what does everyone else do?

4 To my understanding unless she breeds with another Tegu she will NOT lay any eggs. Yes? no?

5 WAY latter, when she does lay eggs eventually, weather fertile or not, I would assume taking them away would really hurt any trust between myself and her. Whats the best way to go abbot it, take them and deal with it, or leave them be? I understand that for fertile eggs taking them would be the best action to ensure survival of any baby Tegus.

6 Best online place to buy general supply and substrate. All my local places aside from Petco has nothing that is not treated in some way.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980