• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Young iguana for sale

BillieJeAn

It's not mine, and I don't know the sex yet, nor do I have pictures yet.
But I met someone who has one that is supposedly 3 years old, less than two feet long, tail whips because it has never ever ever been messed with.and is kept in a 10 gallon tank.
I'm buying it, the guy wants $50 for everything it comes with (tank and lights) I can't keep it, but I want it away from this guy. So I'm buying.
I'm building an enclosure (temporary)

So what I'm asking, is anyone Interested? I will get pictures, and sex.
I just want $30 for her. Plus shipping (if possible due to weather)
Please let me know. I want to find this iggy a great home with someone who will care for him or her properly

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Holy crap, a 3 year old 2 footer in a 10 gallon..? Damn is all I have to say. Hope you find her a good home. Let's see some pics when you get them.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's really sad! My iggy is 4ish and about 4 1/2 ft long. He lives outside in a pretty big wire cage with shelves. I can't imagine one crammed into a little tank. It probably has calcium issues and.or skin issues as well. I got mine for free as a rescue, but ended spending $100 at the vet the next day and hundreds more on the cage. He's a booger, but I adore him. ;)

BillieJeAn

I'm just building this one a cage out of screen, shelves, and PVC pipe, then I'm sticking a humidifier in the bottom.
I'm sure it will have a few problems, but I can't stand to let it live like that :(
I thought the size was off for a three year old as well. There's no telling of that's how old it really is.
This dude who has it is an idiot

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Poor thing. You're a good person, BillieJeAn, for trying to save that little iggy. If you get a chance and can afford it, I think a vet visit may be a good idea. If the iggy's been cramped in that tiny tank for that long, it's probably got some health issues. Please keep us updated and I hope you can find him a loving home.

BillieJeAn

Thank you, I wish I could afford that, but I can't. A vet visit just to have the vet look at the iguana is more than $60. Then in order to fix any problems I couldn't even Imagine the cost :/ I barely have enough to get him and make the cage

BillieJeAn

Thanks guys!
i'm going tomorrow to get her, then taking her to Paris Kentucky to meet the person taking her. He had an iguana for 11 years that recently passed away, still has the cage that he kept him in.
I found him on craigslist looking for a reptile for his son, that wasn't too expensive.
when i mentioned the iguana he got really excited, and told me he doesn't mind the fact that he would have to tame her down, because she has never been messed with, but because of her small size it might not be too bad.
I'm just happy i found her a home, i was about to convert my closet into an iguana cage if i couldnt find her a home xD haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980