• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

young tegu not eating

kane9494

I got my tegu 4 weeks ago. An hes not eating at all. He has ate two little peices of melon, but i had to put it in his face. Ive tried cat food, ground turkey, crickets, meal worm, an even a pinky! I have seen him drink a few times but thats it. Other wise he just hides an buries himself. I really dont know what to do!

KritterKeeper

From what i understand no. I think it just causes more stress than necessary because they will still keep trying until you let them. If its ok as far as weight and everything i would just leave it be.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They do hibernate around this time, and if they are going down, it can be pretty difficult to keep them up. Does he have any health issues?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Maybe the little one isn't eating because they are going into hibernation so there is no interest towards food...but where did you get him/her from? Did they give you any information before buying it? What are the temps?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029