• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your Tegu's Food Schedule

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yes i know your not like that... but i also posted pics of him on here not that long ago of him taking a bath...But you said "I chose wrong but whatever what can you do". And of course that would piss anyone off... You can also e-mail me and ask how he is doing...
But ill give you an update here.
I got him eatting beefheart(which he loves now), Boiled eggs and some banana(what have you tried to get him to eat fruits?). But he doesnt seem to like fruit all that much. Still trying to figure out how to get him to eat some. He loves to dig in the substrate and get it all in his water bowl, and he also loves to throw hissy fits when taking him out of his cage, But settles down nicely after he is out! lol.. I believe he is going to shed real soon cause his color's have got real light over the past couple of day's.
But other then that, there's not much to update on. He is the cutest little thing in the world and i hope you dont regret your decision to adopt him to me. I promise you he has a great home!

angelrose

5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
Well it seems like you and I have a lot in common because I'm the same way I can never be satified with just one thing I have to have it all lol. This decision is killing me I feel like a kind who can't make up there mind in toys r us lol. By the time I make a decision it will be too late that always happens to me angelrose. What other tegus are you thinking of still getting???

lol. you just made up your mind unless you can come up with alot more space and time as you mentioned. your going to get bored with just one even though it's a chacoan. if I had more space + time + cash for a food bill then I would beat you in line to the chacoan...lol. that one would be first on my list of who's next ...but believe it or not right now I am looking at gold colombians for two reasons 1 being I am in love with the color 'gold' and colombians do not hibernate and another b/w col.
this covers me for when I am bored when the args are hibernating.
and the 'reds' keep calling me.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
yes i know your not like that... but i also posted pics of him on here not that long ago of him taking a bath...But you said "I chose wrong but whatever what can you do". And of course that would piss anyone off... You can also e-mail me and ask how he is doing...
But ill give you an update here.
I got him eatting beefheart(which he loves now), Boiled eggs and some banana(what have you tried to get him to eat fruits?). But he doesnt seem to like fruit all that much. Still trying to figure out how to get him to eat some. He loves to dig in the substrate and get it all in his water bowl, and he also loves to throw hissy fits when taking him out of his cage, But settles down nicely after he is out! lol.. I believe he is going to shed real soon cause his color's have got real light over the past couple of day's.
But other then that, there's not much to update on. He is the cutest little thing in the world and i hope you dont regret your decision to adopt him to me. I promise you he has a great home!
hey its okay i dont regret anything dont worry i know hes in good hands hopefully i can come up to visit sometime if thats okay with you. well seems like he hasnt changed he still does the same as when i had him. as far as fruit the only fruit i got him to eat was grapes that i mixed in with the lean turkey that was all but he does love his rodents lol

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
angelrose said:
lol. you just made up your mind unless you can come up with alot more space and time as you mentioned. your going to get bored with just one even though it's a chacoan. if I had more space + time + cash for a food bill then I would beat you in line to the chacoan...lol. that one would be first on my list of who's next ...but believe it or not right now I am looking at gold colombians for two reasons 1 being I am in love with the color 'gold' and colombians do not hibernate and another b/w col.
this covers me for when I am bored when the args are hibernating.
and the 'reds' keep calling me.
lol yea well i think im gonna give the extra cash on my deposit for a chacoan (just one though)lol and i was thinking of getting something else maybe a red or blue or whatever catches my eye. i have never really been interested in the colombians but maybe cause i havent really seen one in person. do you have any pics of your tegus???

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
...the only fruit i got him to eat was grapes that i mixed in with the lean turkey
Don't waste your time with grapes. Ours really like grapes but they have very little nutritional value and I've noticed they tend to come out the other end undigested.

angelrose

5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
lol yea well i think im gonna give the extra cash on my deposit for a chacoan (just one though)lol and i was thinking of getting something else maybe a red or blue or whatever catches my eye. i have never really been interested in the colombians but maybe cause i havent really seen one in person. do you have any pics of your tegus???

well if your gonna go ...go big. I don't know about you but I always end up finding the extra room because of reptiles catching my eye. that is how I ended up with my first and best girl ...Angel my colombian. it was just love at first sight...lol and the pet store had the usual nasty things to say like 'oh, she bit me' but here is a pic of my daughter kissing Angel (col.) any my other daughter hugging her 3 yrs later:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264</a><!-- m -->

here is a link of my two args when I first got them:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1269">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1269</a><!-- m -->

these are from about 3 months ago and I am going to try and update everybody starting tonight so you can see the big difference in size and to show the gorgeous brazillian rainbow boa from Bobby.

I want to catch'em when their up to their 'tricks' but the past couple days they have been kind of 'quiet' so to speek. maybe because of the stormy weather.

luckdragon

5 Year Member
I don't have a feeding schedule yet...I've tried different things and there are only certain things s/he will eat...been very picky so far. I'm still in experimental phase figuring out what kind of foods will be eaten

So far my tegu has eaten a blueberry, watermelon, pinkies, dusted crickets, a chicken heart cut up in pieces and eggs

Our tegu has not touched the meat mixture and meat bites from the pet store or mealworms and didn't like the rest of the chicken gizzards (just ate the heart)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It sounds like you're doing fine. Although not eating raw ground turkey is odd. Did you put too much cod liver oil in it? Ours won't eat it if it's too stinky!

jor71

5 Year Member
Mine loves the following:

ground turkey
Beef Liver
Chicken Liver
Chicken Gizzard
fuzzies
Strawberry (very small amount, I mix it with the Ground Turkey)
I am going to try giving him some collard greens and papaya. I plan to pick some up this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me