• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your Tegu's Food Schedule

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
hey everyone well just wanted to discuss and see how everyone's tegu schedule is thats all. think it would be a great subject.

my tegus schedule
mon:rodent & fruit
tues:boiled eggs & fruit
wed:lean ground turkey & boiled eggs
thurs:rodents only
fri:crickets & fruit
sat:lean ground turkey & eggs
sun:raw chicken

Azaleah

5 Year Member
I have a red tegu, and for the most part this is his regiment:
Mon: Eggs (sometimes with mango, he seems to prefer it without mango though)
Tues: Cherries
Weds: Chicken Giblets and Crickets (he is weaning off the crickets though)
Thurs: Eggs
Fri: Cherries
Sat: Eggs
Sun: Chicken Giblets

Sometimes I swap out the cherries for other fruits, but he tends to go on strike. Cherries are his ULTIMATE favorite, and has become a favorite snack of my beardies as well :)

Taydeon

5 Year Member
I got a Argentine Black and white

mon - 2 Rat pups
tue - ground turkey and fruit
wed - Talapia and fruit
thur - 2 rat pups
fri - ground turkey
sat - 2 rat pups
sun - ground turkey and talapia

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Schedule!! I don't need no stinking schedule!! :mrgreen:

Actually ours are adults so they don't eat as much, wait let me rephrase that - They don't get FED as much. The big Red will eat almost anything he finds.

They get rodents once on the weekend, tilapia (fish) once during the week, and fruit & greens every other day.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
yea well mine is still young so i feed every day. i have decided to take my tegus off crickets from now on reason being my tegus finally ate grapes today which im happy about.

do you feed the talapia raw or cooked and what kinds of fruits is everyone feeding.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
do you feed the talapia raw or cooked and what kinds of fruits is everyone feeding.
All meats are fed raw.

Our Tegu's & Bearded Dragons really like blueberries! Any soft non-acidic fruit is good. Our really like grapes too, but there's not much more than water in there.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
All meats are fed raw.

Our Tegu's & Bearded Dragons really like blueberries! Any soft non-acidic fruit is good. Our really like grapes too, but there's not much more than water in there.[/quote]

Oh I see thanx for the info and just another question which fruits then are adequate to feed them should I be changing the fruit I give them everyday???

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
Oh I see thanx for the info and just another question which fruits then are adequate to feed them should I be changing the fruit I give them everyday???

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1353">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1353</a><!-- m -->

redtail2426

5 Year Member
my guy in a week will get
mon-small rat and fruit
tues-ground turkey and some fruit
wed-quail and some fruit
thurs-some type of fish and some fruit
fri- beef liver and some fruit
sat-small rat and some fruit
sun- ground turkey or beef live or roaches and fruit

I usually dont go by a schedule I just feed what he ahsnt had in a day or two and mix in a few things different fruits sometimes chicken giblets etc etc......

angelrose

5 Year Member
I feed mine about 2 or 3 rodents a week, ground turkey mixed with egg, very lean ground meat (once in a while) beef liver, chicken gizzards, chicken hearts, f/t quail, fish fillets, super worms and lamb once in a while ...so far

it seems like it's always subject to change.

with Angel I have to place the meat and egg in a meat chopper and mix it all together (she has a thing for eggs). and she will expect some of your dinner as well.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
I thought they needed the fruit in their diet for good shedding and proper health I know I read that somewhere I can't remember where though

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
angelrose said:
I feed mine about 2 or 3 rodents a week, ground turkey mixed with egg, very lean ground meat (once in a while) beef liver, chicken gizzards, chicken hearts, f/t quail, fish fillets, super worms and lamb once in a while ...so far

it seems like it's always subject to change.

with Angel I have to place the meat and egg in a meat chopper and mix it all together (she has a thing for eggs). and she will expect some of your dinner as well.

Its funny you mention about dinner cause now Victorious seems to stare at me or my wife or the kids when either of us is eating close to his enclosure and he follows us if we move its funny its like he's saying where's my dinner lol

angelrose

5 Year Member
I have read that from forum to forum. I believe that fruit and shedding have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

angelrose

5 Year Member
lol. that is funny. because that is how it all started. she would stare so I started giving her a little of whatever I made for dinner and now I created a monster. she will come and step on me and my daughters toes to get some.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
angelrose said:
lol. that is funny. because that is how it all started. she would stare so I started giving her a little of whatever I made for dinner and now I created a monster. she will come and step on me and my daughters toes to get some.

I have to admit, that is adorable

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Well that's the reason why I've held off on giving him food when we are eating because I don't want him to become a begger and then get fat lol

angelrose

5 Year Member
it's hard to imagine a fat tegu. they just keep shedding and growing. they are out roaming around alot and into everything with just the 3 of them I think they keep me going more then 10 kids would. lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me