• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Zilla has a cut on her toe? Help

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I just found this morning when I was looking over Zilla that she has an odd cut on one of her front toes. It looks like it goes as deep as a quarter of her toe, like she steped on a knife or something and it sunk into her toe.

Please, any help would be much apretiated. How could this happen, and what should I do? I dont want her to loose the toe, or for it to become infected. Im so worried for her.

10h1yit.jpg

257ixow.jpg

Will it heal if treated properly?

Steven.

Doesn't look too bad.. Maybe just a small cut. It should heal no problems :shy:

sent from my phone to your eyes

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I honestly cant tell. Its hard to get her to hold still to take a look, but when I can I dont see any bone in the wound. Her toe looks normal otherwise, she walks normal and it doesnt seem to bother her. It does look ratehr deep though, like I should be able to see the bone, and if she puts pressure on it, it will flex backwards farther than her other toes.

She is in her hide right now, which I have redirected the humidifier directly into the hide, because she is still haveing bad shed problems.

ReptileGuy

If it is just a flesh wound its no problem. Should heal on its own....Just give it lots of washes with anti-bacterial soap!

ReptileGuy

Aardbark said:
Is there a special reptile wash? Or can I just use any soap?

Any anti-bacterial soap is fine...It isn't necessary unless its a pretty bad fresh wound, but its better to be safe than sorry. Not sure if there is a special one for reptiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me