• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A couple of pics of my female

dorton

5 Year Member
reptiles011.jpg

reptiles008.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like her coloration. She's darker than most of the adults I have seen.

dorton

5 Year Member
I know one of the things you breed for light colored pattern, but wonder if they were selectively bred for dark markings if an all black could be produced? That would be pretty sweet!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She likes reptile magazine too, huh? :lol:

I just noticed the "singe mark" on her nose, nice touch.

greentriple

5 Year Member
I just noticed in the first set of pics that we have the same piece of walking stone. Home Dept.?

She looks great. I too like the dark color on her, in a world where most seem to want "light" tegus it's nice to see one that is darker, she's almost more unusual and a unique find. The burt patch on her nose just adds to her indivuduality, I can't say I've seen pictures of another tegu that looks like yours. Although, Barbaros is pretty dark as well, and I like the way he looks too. As for mine there seem to be hundres that are very similar. I'm envious. Ah the grass is always greener (Where you water it).

hoosier

5 Year Member
dorton said:
A few more pics of my dark lady.

random071.jpg

random068.jpg

hey, which months issue of reptiles is that? i may have to back order it because i want that article on the water monitors. 8)

dorton

5 Year Member
I'll check the mag in a little while and let you know.

Which spot on her nose are you two referencing? I have never seen one on here in person, and must just be looking too hard at the pics. I think it may be a piece of mulch or something????

dorton

5 Year Member
just an overhead shot in the tub
lady.jpg

Its crazy, I really REALLY enjoy these creatures. I just can't get enough of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me