• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Animal Planet

Kebechet

tora said:
I guess the monitor guy died from an infected bite, though. I saw that one too.

I heard he actually died of a heart attack. I can't find an official reason for death though.

turtlepunk

ugh. I posted a pic of my new little tegu on my Facebook page and what response do I get?
"a tegu? girl those things are mean. dont you watch animal planet lol. they're raising all kinds of hell in florida right now.."
OF COURSE........seems like Animal Planets "anti-reptile" agenda is working to their desire.........

tora

Kebechet said:
tora said:
I guess the monitor guy died from an infected bite, though. I saw that one too.

I heard he actually died of a heart attack. I can't find an official reason for death though.

It says on the show he got ill and died after a bite on the hand got severely infected.

hoosier

5 Year Member
they mis inform also. i watched one where there was someone smuggling in exotics. one lady pulled out a container with a tegu. said they were part of the monitor family. also saw a show that said a great white shark had 2tons of bite force even though they had a show not too long ago where a guy was measuring bite force of different animals including white sharks with a measuring device proved they only have 600psi because with the teeth they have it is not necessary to have such a powerful bite. they love to use the scare factor to create drama in their shows. makes me sick. the show about the rattlesnake hunters makes me want to kill whoever allowed that to be on the air.
in reguards to the coment someone posted on a picture of a tegu, i have actually had someone tell me to "put down that rattle snake before it bites you and you die" when i caught a 6ft black rat snake near my house. with reptiles, some people can be very ignorant. ignorance breeds fear. fear breeds hate. and hate breeds extermination.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu