• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

any suggestions

blob

i typically hold my tegu later at night its when i have time and he sleeps in a beach towel on my lap and hes fine he digs around and finds a good spot and sleeps when i try to have him in my room or bathroom hes very scared and hides. should i just try bathtub more hes around 8 months old.

rsbenedict

Mine is a little older. I've only had him 2 months. I put him on my shoulder and then walk to the bathroom and close the door. I let him run around the bathroom while I'm seated on the floor. He usually will come up to me and climb on me, explore, climb on my head, and then go back to the floor to explore before he starts the whole process all over again.

Sometimes, he likes to jump from my head to the sink.

Just give it time and keep on handling. Do not dig him out of his burrow though. That's their safe spot and if you do that too often, they will learn to not trust you.

You can also put a worn shirt or socks in their hide with them. That way they'll associate your smell with their safe space.

blob

when i take out when hes not in his burrow he flips out but when hes in his borrow and i grab him its less of a big deal

rsbenedict

But if you keep taking him out of the burrow, you're breaking any possibility of trust.
How long have you had him?
If it's only a short time, I would open up the enclosure and talk softly with him. Try putting your hand in the enclosure and just leave it there. Don't try to touch him or pick him up. Let me come to you to investigate. It might take a few days. When you do pick him up, don't constrain him. If he feels like he's trapped, he's going to squirm and death-roll. Let him run through your hands to tire him out. Put him on your shoulder in the bathroom so he can't get away. It's slow going, but it will be well worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980