• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Basking Spot?

corruptphantasm

i checked the wireing its all fine i think my bulb was just bad cause when i switched the bulb to see if it was the socket making the light dimmer it still lit up brighter so it has to be the bulb but glad to say with the Better bulb in the lower socket i should be able to reach 110f but when it burns out im gunna get a mvb bulb anyway.

P.S.seahawkchick22 if your night light was one of those red bulbs its bad for there eyes so that could have also been why he was mad

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Corrupt - is your basking rock laying directly on the bottom of the enclosure??

corruptphantasm

james.w said:
Corrupt - is your basking rock laying directly on the bottom of the enclosure??

uh it was but i was worried he would get hurt so i cleand out the mulch under it and put two cinder blocks so he cant get under it if u look a couple post back i had attachments of before and after pics but i forgot too mention i put them there

AvaHal12

I got the temp of the basking spot from 102 to 106 by just adding a deep dome lamp fixture... I am using a 100 watt Powersun 14" above the basking area.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A little fluctuation Either way won't hurt. Some keepers offer basking spots up to 125 for their Tegus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980