• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage building for dummies

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
The cage is now complete! I might have skipped a couple steps though. I bout tracks and glass and installed them all. The cage is almost ready for Riley my almost year old tegu. Total cost will be right around 400$ when I get everything. Maybe a little more. Anyway pics cus I am super happy!

101_0722.jpg

101_0723.jpg

101_0724.jpg

101_0725.jpg

101_0726.jpg

101_0727.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Looks awesome. If you're worried about your tegu sliding the doors open, get a couple of showcase locks. They're SUPER easy to install/use and will also keep your cage locked.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/National-Mfg-N185306-Keyed-Showcase/dp/B000CSGAQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/National-Mfg-N185 ... B000CSGAQ8</a><!-- m -->

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
@isdrake-thanks for the comment :)

@slideaboot-thanks but i already have that lock for the cage.

G

Great job building this enclosure. It looks absolutely great! :)`I'm sure you'll have one happy tegu moving into that enclosure :)

About locks on the enclosures. One can actually make them out of a paperclip or other types of metal "wire". We bend our own locks - not children prooved, though, but only animal prooved. If you bend a paperclip in a "S-shape" so it fits in between the sliding glas, it cannnot be opened without moving the papirclip ;)

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
DuraZell said:
Great job building this enclosure. It looks absolutely great! :)`I'm sure you'll have one happy tegu moving into that enclosure :)

About locks on the enclosures. One can actually make them out of a paperclip or other types of metal "wire". We bend our own locks - not children prooved, though, but only animal prooved. If you bend a paperclip in a "S-shape" so it fits in between the sliding glas, it cannnot be opened without moving the papirclip ;)

thanks, I might steel that idea.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well he has officially moved in :D

It's not done... I still have to add more mulch, branches, etc. and I also need to install the humidity system which will come later. I will update this thread as I update the enclosure. But many pics to celebrate!

101_0728.jpg

101_0730.jpg

101_0731.jpg

101_0734.jpg

101_0735.jpg

101_0736.jpg

101_0737.jpg

101_0738.jpg

101_0739.jpg

101_0740.jpg

101_0741.jpg

101_0742.jpg

G

That looks pretty great.

Where did you get the metal glass track? I've been looking for some but have only come across the plastic stuff.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
"rockler.com" has everything glass track. I just ordered 2 4ft strips. And thier not metal thier plastic. I also got locks from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu