• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can Somebody Please Help Me Out So My Dad doesnt get pissed

Mine has a 2x4 frame with 6 uprights & a reinforcing steel crosspiece in the center, under the mattress. It is covered with 1/2" plywood. I weigh over 200# & everything is holding up nicely.
A 4x4 frame would provide more strength but the 2x4s seem to be more than adequate.
that sounds cool, i think i like that idea (i keep switching between the 2 ideas hahah)

Tannaros

Ok if i do this what kind of screws would i use for the frame? or would i use nails?

Use deck screws.

Drywall screws work fine, same as wood screws and construction screws as a whole. The main thing here is that your joints can take pressure such that it could make them flex up to 90 degrees and your screws wouldn't break (just bend). Drywall screws tend to snap before they'll bend.

Use deck screws.

Drywall screws work fine, same as wood screws and construction screws as a whole. The main thing here is that your joints can take pressure such that it could make them flex up to 90 degrees and your screws wouldn't break (just bend). Drywall screws tend to snap before they'll bend.
thanks! deck screws it is, but im not positive but i think i read on line that nails bend the best. But I dont know if thats true

Tannaros

thanks! deck screws it is, but im not positive but i think i read on line that nails bend the best. But I dont know if thats true

You don't use any type of fastner for its particular strength. Their hold is really absolutely nothing compared to an adhesive.

The grip strength of a screw is better than that of a nail on its own. If you're worried about dust from drilling just stick a shopvac next to the bit while you bore. That should catch essentially everything.

One thing that you might want to consider while undertaking this project is how exactly you plan on doing daily maintenance, in addition to the occasional substrate changing.

You may wish to simply include a type of hinged lid or door to access the enclosure from above. Unless of course you're creating complete access from the side.

26314d1371850038t-can-somebody-please-help-me-out-so-my-dad-doesnt-freak-out-image.jpg
Ok so i cut the 2x4's and heres the frame of the side walls, the long walls are going to go into the sidewalls

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980