• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Could my tegu be developing anxiety

kuroha

I've had my tegu for quite a while and she's never displayed this behavior before but she's been acting very scared and timid, flinching when I try to get my hand close, increasing her speed of breathing when I pet her, and she's been hyper aware
I have a very loud Tennant in my household he tends to yell alot and that's the only reason I can imagine her developing this behavior, im very gentle and sweet with her and take good care of her

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long have you had her? Is she shedding? Hungry? Cold? You mentioned stress. Is there a quieter place for her in your home?

IrieRogue

How is her humidity/temps? This sounds like stress, but there could be a number of variables here. I would first & foremost ensure that her husbandry is spot on. It makes diagnosing the issue more difficult if husbandry is off. Next, I would have a serious discussion with your tenant. The health & wellbeing of your baby comes first, & that person needs to respect that or kick rocks. Much love to your baby, hope she is ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me