• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Crazy Tegu!!!

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
Hey guys, my B&W tegu is going crazy in her cage, she constantly tries and wanting to get out by jumping up on the door and trying to climb up then she sometimes jumps on the uvb light fixture and the uvb light. Im just scared one day shes gonna break the light and hurt herself or hurt herself by trying get out cause she goes insane on trying to get out.

Does anyone know why shes doing this? Could it be cause its to hot or humid?
Another thing i was thinking it might be was the substrate, i use pink flamingo.

I hope you guys could help me it would help a lot cause this problem has been going on for a while now and i'm concern.

Thanks

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My female had this problem and really banged herself up, temps were on point so I couldn't find the culprit, once I got her a bigger hide she just quit, not sure if this could be your case but its good to check the enclosure through out to see what's the problem

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What size enclosure is she in? How long is she? What are the temps and humidity?

tresh

I had this problem for a long time. Had the temps right, had a big cage, tried about a billion things to get her to stop.

Eventually, I gave up, and now she is free-range apartment roaming tegu. Other than dealing with stinky crap on the floor, she's doing fine, her nose is healing wonderfully from her banging it on her cage, and yeah...it works for her.

karel

Hi I have the same problem ,and mine is in a 9 foot by 4 foot viv ,certainly cant get him a larger one , I will try a huge hide box.

TheTeguGurl

I have the same thing with my extreme male. He was climbing the door and dumping the water bowl over all the time, just going nuts. his tank was getting too small and he just want to roam. When we finaly biuld a bigger enclosure he stop and only time he climbs his door now is to come out and roam or he wants out to poop.. They really dont like pooping in there homes.. it stinks..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.