• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

enclosure questions

Sirhc401

Oh no. Definately not. If we find that we can't take him out as much as we want to we will make him a bigger cage for sure. I get where you are coming from on that. But I care about Odin too much to let him be in a tiny cage all day long. The unit we want to build right now is not even what we plan to have him in permanently. Just temporary, it will be fine for size until he gets older.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As long as you understand they grow incredibly fast. My tegu is about 15 months old and around 44-45" long.

Lance

We try to incorporate a hinged door or glass arrangement whenever we need access. The sliding glass door looks great, but like previously said, the track gets full of stuff and makes it difficult to slide. I always use Plexiglass for my glass door panels, lighter weight, you do have the scratch potential, but we are just careful, and you can always polish out the scratches. I use the rotating brass latches, like a sash window uses for latching my doors, they work great and look attractive. They are available at HomeDepot or Lowes.

If you have your doors lift up, incorporate door stops for the panels to rest on instead of slamming into the wall or something else.

My kids haven't even slowed a bit yet, but they are travelling back and forth alot between their basking spot and the dig box each day.
Not sure what that means. Their temperment hasn't changed.

Sirhc401

I'll have to post some pictures for everyone if and when I get my project started, I'm running by my step dad to see if he can help since he works construction and I know little to nothing. So I'm crossing my fingers he will help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980