• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enrichment

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a 2ft across plastic cover, like for a trash can, underwhich I put a few mice. Takes'em a while of prodding and attempting to flip it. I think it approximates a hunt.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Yesterday, I left a shipping box about 1ft x 1ft on the floor still full of the paper packing (no plastic peanuts...) and both my adult tegus were determined to get inside that box at the same time. There's no chance that even one of them could have fit, but I enjoyed their determination and ruckus. They're always rooting under things, including my knees if I'm sitting close by. Nudging to see if anything will move.

I'm going to try the plastic today. LET THE TEGU GAMES BEGIN

Godzilla Earth

on the left corner, tegu #1! one the right corner, tegu #2! first round, who can get into the box first, ready, set go! It seems nether can get inside because they are dead even,hmm, alright, round 2!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My croc shoes are a tegu magnet, racing over to poke snouts in the holes and yes, even try to flip my shoe with me in it.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
My croc shoes are a tegu magnet, racing over to poke snouts in the holes and yes, even try to flip my shoe with me in it.

Lol!! Croc crack. Without thinking much about it one day, I walked into the kitchen where the Tegus were basking away. I was wearing a pair of white canvas espadrilles (the ladies know what I'm talking about) and my female, Captain started biting at the toe of the shoe. The only thing she could have thought was that it was a nice egg coming her way.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol!! Croc crack. Without thinking much about it one day, I walked into the kitchen where the Tegus were basking away. I was wearing a pair of white canvas espadrilles (the ladies know what I'm talking about) and my female, Captain started biting at the toe of the shoe. The only thing she could have thought was that it was a nice egg coming her way.
Hounds gotta hunt!

Oscar's to big to hide under the black plastic lid It would look ridiculous, and he knows it. However, Jingles and Goldie use it some.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I like the hunting aspect of the plastic lid. When I got the Tegus, I had no idea they would be so expressive. Who would think you'd ever know what a lizard is thinking?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like the hunting aspect of the plastic lid. When I got the Tegus, I had no idea they would be so expressive. Who would think you'd ever know what a lizard is thinking?
The value of paying close attention, huh?

rantology

Necro'ing a thread... I found a dog toy that looked perfect for a hanging feeder, so I strung it up and Darrow had a blast today. He was very surprised when it swings back and bops him... Food fights back?!

After he's picked most of the food out he seems to find it a fun, tasty flavored tug of war toy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980