• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

the_cw

Well, I fully recognize I won't be able to get most of my money back. Fact is though, I finished paying back at the start of July(!) and still have nothing. I read reviews positive and negative but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. At this point, never again.

agv0008

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when I closed my PayPal dispute before receiving the funds, and look where that got me...

the_cw

I hear you. I know he'll ship eventually, but I get the impression he doesn't really care that much when I get one. Again, the eggs hatched, as he said, at the start of July. Really? How has it taken this long? Weather is one thing, but the fact is cold packs can do work. Also, he can set up picking up at the post office, etc. Not sure what's going on and since he volunteers no information--I only know things because I've called before and have paid attention here--I've got nothing to go on.

It's a weird situation. I'll get my Gu at some point, but the customer service experience here has to be the worst I've ever experienced. Like, really. And I've ordered a custom shirt from a mountain woman in Virginia and had better luck getting in contact with her(true story).

agv0008

hanniebann said:
What's a reputable company to go through for tegus? Someone mentioned teguterra? I've never heard of them.

TeguTerra hatches thousands of tegus every year and has them in stock year round. Their ages vary depending on the time of year (obviously), but he has enough of them where you can call him any day of the year and get one. No deposits. He keeps his website updated with what he has.

Cheaper, faster, better. IMHO

the_cw

spark678 said:
I dont get how people can still give him business from what ive read. We need to make a thread on Bobby and sticky it with customer reviews!

I would second this. I planned on offering a review after I was done no matter my view on the service. Considering he's very close to the community, I see no reason not to.

agv0008

It may be. I did not order a B&W. I payed less (total) for the Chacoan White that I received when compared to the Extreme. Just call him, he is very informative.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I wish I had never really gotten myself into this. It sucks but the waiting is just making me lose interest in tegus honestly. I have a lot going on so maybe that is why I haven't been too focused on tegus. I know once I get it, my interest will be rekindled. But right now I'm just gonna forget all about it and just wait for a call. I don't know what else to do really. If he never sends it, I'm just gonna wash my hands of all this and sell the cage, everything happens for a reason I guess. Sucks but I don't have the motivation to really do anything about this except read updates from you guys.

Skeetzy

Exactly how I feel at this point. Nothing but frustrating. If I don't get a call next Monday I'm opening a dispute(or calling my bank) and ordering one from TeguTerra. If he was calling me every week, or even a general email sent to everyone waiting, explaining the delay for the week, I would be a lot happier. I understand he's a busy man, but if he isn't caught up shipping, then whats his excuse now.

agv0008

I feel ya Diablo. I was in the same boat as you. I decided to let go of the Extreme because it was causing me a lot of stress. If you want a tegu, buy one. This situation is not really any different than a shoddy car repair.

This is the scenario that I equate it to:
Your car broke.
You payed someone to fix it.
It breaks again in two weeks (same part).
You take it back to the same mechanic and they refuse to fix it for free.
You go to a different mechanic and pay again for the same repair done correctly.
Your car now works.

Luckily, I had the financial resources available to pay for two tegus, while not knowing if I would get my money back for the first one. Even luckier, I got my money back from the bank for the first one.

Ujarak

I personally call him every day/ every other day to get my refund from him and all i get is excuses. Its been a month now since i was supposed to get my refund. Very frustrating. Im probably gonna have to take him to court

Diablo

5 Year Member
Yeah I just heard of so many people having good experiences with him I thought it would be worth the wait but it really isnt. I feel like by the time i get the tegu it will just go into hibernation without me getting any one on one time with it and learning a schedule for it. Im sure bobby is a nice guy. But if he really does ship this many animals every year I dont see the reason in not hiring someone to handle such an important thing as customer communication. Like you said skeetzy I wouldn't mind it if I had updates or reasons why its delayed but having to find out from other people is ridiculous. I cant imagine what people who don't visit this forum are thinking while they wait for their lizard that they paid 150 or more for. This is just a bad experience, I hope to never go through again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Skeetzy

I talked to him about hiring help. He doesn't trust anyone. He's afraid of someone gaining his trust and learning his routine, then stealing his tegus. Don't really blame him, since they are gold mines. But he does need to fix something.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Someone said all the extremes were shipped I really hope not I have 1 paid in full, and have been waiting on it. Every week he tells me something else and that it will be the next week, 1st it was the temps then when the temps were good he said he had a lot shipping out and it would be the next week, then he had an excuse for that week, and now we are still waiting. We bought a normal from him a while back and had no problems with it so I didn't expect it to be like this. I am hoping he didn't forget we were getting an extreme I better not have paid $350 for a normal b/w lol. Guess eventually I will find out....

the_cw

hanniebann said:
It looks like he's selling black and white 2012 hatchlings for $200, is the $60 shipping on top of that too?

I heard back from TeguTerra--how hard is it to respond?--and it's 200 plus 60 for shipping so 260 overall.

I'm calling Bobby tomorrow and I hope he has a good reason. I want my guy soon. I tend to be very nice and cordial, but the fact that he's giving so many people the run around makes me feel very frustrated.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I thought all the extremes had shipped but your guess is as good as mine. I just saw all the threads in the extreme forum so I figured only the black and white normals were left

Sent from my DROID RAZR

LizardzRock

Yea I'm tired of it. Last I spoke was via email and he said he had 800 of them to get out and the weather has been getting in the way as far as heat and now with hurricane season in full effect i doubt that will help either. I think he is in over his head honestly....

Diablo

5 Year Member
Don't expect your tegu until september is my guess. Im not even gonna say maybe itll be this week or maybe next. Im just gonna expect it end of september. If it isnt here by then then im calling up my bank.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel