• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

Diablo

5 Year Member
I feel like there are a lot of people who just gave up too and stopped bothering him and just let him keep their money which is a shame because then everyone else doesn't see the severity of this situation and how he is practically stealing people's money.... im not going so far to as accuse him of that YET but its starting to look like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

the_cw

anelk002 said:
I just got off the phone with him. Word for word I'm behind on shipping I'm trying to get them out as fast as I can. I asked so do u have an idea when we could expect it he replies Idk I'm working I'm not in front of my computer right now but I'm trying to get them out. He digs himself into a hole tryin to do this with no help and letting his customers know 3 weeks. I was patient for the longest time but 2 months now is ridiculous

That's what he said, almost word for word, at the end of July. He's giving the same old story just to different people. :mad:

Edit:
I guess here's what I want to know. Has *anyone* gotten a Black and White this year? Lurkers, casual readers or otherwise. I'm genuinely curious.

Scott Hogge

I gave up on a male red and female extreme. I don't want a 4 month old tegu, I wanted a 3 week old tegu to start working with. I bought a wonderful red hatchling from Ty for $125, which is only what the second half of my red from varnyard red would have costed. It was 4 days from when I first contacted Ty until MacGyver arrived, and that includes a weekend. Varnyard is not a real business.

I've also heard that 0 (yes, zero) of varnyard's reds ever hatched, so I'm very glad I stopped waited for a lizard that didn't even exist. If anyone has seen a red produced this year and can dispute this I am interested in hearing it.

My advise for you all is to give up and go find another breeder. You can probably get what you want for the same price as paying the second half for imaginary lizards from Varnyard, so you won't even be losing money. It just burns to get dicked over by somebody, so try not to let it bother you.. go get another tegu [that actually exists]... be happy.

LizardzRock

Before I give up and go to another breeder I am personally driving to his place. It is about 3.5 hours from me and I could use a weekend at the beach in Panama City, FL. I am going to get my money back in person. I am giving him to the 15th to get it to me if not then I will be knocking on his door. Im done with wasting my time trying to email someone who is obviously not responding.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Bobby just called me said he was going to try to ship a large quantity of the tegus out by tuesday! hope he sticks with it

the_cw

Jeremyxb12 said:
Bobby just called me said he was going to try to ship a large quantity of the tegus out by tuesday! hope he sticks with it

If he doesn't then I'm ordering from someone else and asking for a refund. I'm done waiting.

Diablo

5 Year Member
todeyius said:
I gave up on a male red and female extreme. I don't want a 4 month old tegu, I wanted a 3 week old tegu to start working with. I bought a wonderful red hatchling from Ty for $125, which is only what the second half of my red from varnyard red would have costed. It was 4 days from when I first contacted Ty until MacGyver arrived, and that includes a weekend. Varnyard is not a real business.

I've also heard that 0 (yes, zero) of varnyard's reds ever hatched, so I'm very glad I stopped waited for a lizard that didn't even exist. If anyone has seen a red produced this year and can dispute this I am interested in hearing it.

My advise for you all is to give up and go find another breeder. You can probably get what you want for the same price as paying the second half for imaginary lizards from Varnyard, so you won't even be losing money. It just burns to get dicked over by somebody, so try not to let it bother you.. go get another tegu [that actually exists]... be happy.

The only problem I have with this is that he is just gonna keep doing this to other people and it's ridiculous. This needs to stop.

Skeetzy

Re: RE: Finalllyyyyyy!

Jeremyxb12 said:

Great, so I have to try to get Wednesday off again, just to be screwed over by him, again. My work doesn't do well with giving days off on a short notice. I'm emailing him politely asking for a refund, or a guaranteed shipping date. This is ridiculous.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ugh... So has ANYONE on here actually gotten a tegu from him? [Bobby]. I was looking online, and before this I was seeing tons of great reports about him...Actual people with actual tegus that were bought from Varnyard Herps. His videos seem to indicate that he loves his animals, which was another thing I liked seeing. Is it just that he has so many orders to fill now and not enough manpower to get them shipped out in a timely fashion? I'm not sure what to do...It says he only gives a refund if no animals are produced...But given that we may be on a long waiting list, and the animals may be there OR haven't begun hatching yet [the particular clutch that coincides with when we put our deposits down]. I have been DYING to get this baby. Watching videos, studying care sheets...etc. [can anyone say obsessed?] And I have a mini freezer full of snack sized ziplocks full of the meat/cod liver oil/calcium/beef liver mixture that was recommended... God help me.

lexee126

We put a deposit on a red in march. Long story short he said he didnt have any reds so we switched to an all american. Still have not received a tegu. Same as everyone else....

Scott Hogge

I think he just takes 800 deposits, produces 20 animals, and ships them to the 20 people most likely to create youtube videos named 'My Varnyard 2012.....' so it looks like they actually exists.

There are no tegus!

andrewg132

Figure it is well passed time I said something on forums.

I have had a deposit down on a tegu since last year in October (For an 2011 All American though). Due to a move I couldn't spend the time to raise a tegu so I decided to cancel my deposit and when I asked Bobby for a refund, he did not respond to me for 3 days, so I just reversed it on Paypal and about an hour after he calls me, pissed off of course, and asks me to stop it and he would refund me. So, I apologized reversed my Paypal dispute and well... I never got my money back.

So I went though about two months of going back and forth of him claiming that paypal wouldn't allow him to refund me and supposedly that the money order I requested (since I wasn't getting it through Paypal) was returned twice which I know is BS since I have had people ship stuff to me from Florida before multiple times to my address. So after being fed up for 2 months of that nonsense I just decided to make it my deposit again on a 2012 All American (big mistake). That was in December.

Now all I am getting is what has been described on this forum, non-responsiveness from Bobby, and having no idea what is going on and if we are going to see a refund, or a tegu, and I am getting extremely irritated.

Unfortunately, since I feel that I never will get my tegu, I pursued my other interests and reptiles and I can no longer can keep a tegu since I no longer have room for the cage it will require when it is an adult (I do have someone who can take it if I ever get it). It breaks my heart that because of all this, I've almost lost my interest in tegus.

Now I ask, has ANYONE received a tegu from Bobby this year? It's is a crying shame that such a reputable has done this to his customers

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
On his site it says he will refund only if no animals are produced. It also says he will try his best to resell the animal in the case that you no longer want one. [I'm not sure if that means you get part of that money or like if it is your animal but he helps you sell it to get your money back or what...]
I have never ordered an animal online before...And this is my first experience with Bobby. I have heard really good and really bad things about him now.
I am inclined to believe that he will come through with an animal...I am just not sure when. And no, I do not like waiting.
He told me to be patient. I am going to try.
If it starts to snow and I still have no tegu, I'm not sure what I'll resort to...
But for now...I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I can see that he must have a lot of orders and a lot of backorders who deserve theirs first.
One thing I can say is...shipping only a couple days a week hinders his shipping progress...
another thing is he should REALLY get some employees.
I am not a businesswoman, but I can understand the desire to want to do it yourself, esp when it comes to animals...
If you want something done right/do yourself mentality.
BUT it seems to me that his reputation is wavering because of trying to do it all himself....
so...
yep. my 2 cents.
I'm waiting until it gets ridiculous to wait...
for example...If he starts selling the 2013 tegus and I still dont have mine...ugh.
:/

LizardzRock

Varnyard Herps, Inc. Registered in FL as a "Domestic for Profit Corporation". Last updated by Florida Department of State - 5/2012.

Varnyard Herps Inc
2613 N Cedar Lane
Panama City, FL 32405-6207

the_cw

I've cancelled my order and am asking for a refund. Of course, I suspect I won't get one(I cancelled this morning and, big shocked, no response back).

I'm moving onto greener pastures. I have no doubts in my mind at all that, at some level, his business has developed into a scam. Why the secrecy? Why no shipments? Why the excuses? There's no other reason that I can think of. That said, I'm going to get a Tegu from someone else. I'm done stressing about this. That said, if any of you decide to pursue legal means against him, *please* contact me. I will be reading this thread and would like to add my voice. Even if he doesn't owe me a Tegu, he certainly owes me money now.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I've been calling it since last season but several ignorant and innocent people believed that he'd be totally fine this year. Shockingly enough, I was right. Now everyone acts surprised. You all should have read last years issues with refunds and screwed up eggs. However, I still feel bad about it and hope you all either end up getting a tegu or your money back from him. He has no moral values and does not deserve the good name he previously had.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Well we had bought a normal from him about 2 yrs ago everything went perfect. SO when I wanted an extreme I didn't think twice of contacting him and paying for it in full while I had the money in my hand. I did talk to him this morning and he said that temps are down in a lot of places and that he is planning on shipping a bunch out this coming week but wasn't sure if mine would be 1 of them.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Im about to email him saying I will be taking legal action along with many others if he does not ship out on tuesday. I have no where else to get a tegu really. Im thinking of checking out teguterra but im not sure how well thatll turn out. Anyone can vouch for them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

agv0008

Ghostflower said:
I called him last week to see what he had available and he said he had some Giants left over. From what i'm seeing here though i'm taking my business to Teguterra instead.

I'm telling ya, 6 days from when I called to when the tegu was at my doorstep (from Teguterra).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029