• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

Diablo

5 Year Member
agv0008 said:
Ghostflower said:
I called him last week to see what he had available and he said he had some Giants left over. From what i'm seeing here though i'm taking my business to Teguterra instead.

I'm telling ya, 6 days from when I called to when the tegu was at my doorstep (from Teguterra).

Is shipping included in the 200$? Or do you have to pay that extra?

agv0008

andrewg132 said:
Figure it is well passed time I said something on forums.

...when I asked Bobby for a refund, he did not respond to me for 3 days, so I just reversed it on Paypal and about an hour after he calls me, pissed off of course, and asks me to stop it and he would refund me...

He did the same thing to me. That it called a scam. Regardless of the good intentions from the start, if you dispute a PayPal transaction and the vendor calls and tells your to close it and they will send you a check....

[size=large]DON'T[/size]

PayPal clearly says to only close a dispute once you have the money "in hand".

It was my fault for closing the dispute when he called me. I should not have done it until the money was in my account.

I advise everyone that disputes with PayPal to follow the PayPal rules and not listed to Bobby.

"Uhhh, I can't paypal you back the money because it messes up my income stuff for my taxes...I'll send you a money order...blah blah"

In retrospect, I feel like an idiot.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
I can honestly say that i know every one is annoyed but it still couldnt hurt to just wait a bit longer. at least wait till the first week of october if possible. I have waited a year and 2 months for my tegu now

agv0008

Diablo said:
agv0008 said:
Ghostflower said:
I called him last week to see what he had available and he said he had some Giants left over. From what i'm seeing here though i'm taking my business to Teguterra instead.

I'm telling ya, 6 days from when I called to when the tegu was at my doorstep (from Teguterra).

Is shipping included in the 200$? Or do you have to pay that extra?

I think it is extra, but he charges a flat rate.

As I was typing this, I saw Gil get up to lay under his light... he looks groggy lol.

Also, he is a fine example of what to expect from Teguterra.

Attachments

• IMAG0574.jpg
    IMAG0574.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Diablo

5 Year Member
agv0008 said:
andrewg132 said:
Figure it is well passed time I said something on forums.

...when I asked Bobby for a refund, he did not respond to me for 3 days, so I just reversed it on Paypal and about an hour after he calls me, pissed off of course, and asks me to stop it and he would refund me...

He did the same thing to me. That it called a scam. Regardless of the good intentions from the start, if you dispute a PayPal transaction and the vendor calls and tells your to close it and they will send you a check....

[size=large]DON'T[/size]

PayPal clearly says to only close a dispute once you have the money "in hand".

It was my fault for closing the dispute when he called me. I should not have done it until the money was in my account.

I advise everyone that disputes with PayPal to follow the PayPal rules and not listed to Bobby.

"Uhhh, I can't paypal you back the money because it messes up my income stuff for my taxes...I'll send you a money order...blah blah"

In retrospect, I feel like an idiot.

I'm opening a dispute on paypal with him for the other half of my payment. I wrote that I will not close it until I have my tegu or my money back. Let's see how long it takes him to call me.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Keep us all posted please...I was thinking of waiting til october....god I wish I knew what was going on for real. :(

agv0008

Diablo said:
I'm opening a dispute on paypal with him for the other half of my payment. I wrote that I will not close it until I have my tegu or my money back. Let's see how long it takes him to call me.

Should be around 5 minutes...

Diablo

5 Year Member
agv0008 said:
Diablo said:

Should be around 5 minutes...

Nope, it's been 45 days. Awesome

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ok this is strange...But I was checking my paypal account to see when I put the deposit on my baby...It was March 13th that it showed the deposit request...But on the paypal account I noticed the transaction thing says Mar 13/bill from bobby hill PAID...Jun 30/bill from bobby hill PAID...jul 1/transfer from debit card COMPLETED...then jul 1/payment to bobby hill COMPLETED.
I am so confused.
Does that mean my ACTUAL deposit was logged as JULY 1???
I have an email from paypal saying I sent payment to him on March 13...and there is a receipt number.
Also June 30 Bobby sent me an email saying babies are hatching and he'll send request for balance...
Then I got The4 balance sent out July 1. Then he told me he'd call me before shipping...

I am SO CONFUSED. [I'm sorry, this is really not tegu specific related...But I am certainly getting a LOT of help and support here. I'm glad I joined tegutalk.]
=====================================================
Oh...ok. I just looked at my initial payment request from bobby on March 13. It appears I went on paypal as guest or something. Then my actual account only shows the transactions from after I logged in and had an actual account... I see...
So yeah, March 13th should be my deposit date. And he said they began hatching June 30th...and should ship 3 weeks after that.
It has been two months, in reality, since the 'first' clutch started hatching...?

supaflywoodysida

Has anyone received there black and white? I paid mine off in full in July and was told he was being shipped beginning of August. He hasn't contacted me and I'm starting to feel ripped off. Thanks for any help I just want my tegu.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
supaflywoodysida said:
Has anyone received there black and white? I paid mine off in full in July and was told he was being shipped beginning of August. He hasn't contacted me and I'm starting to feel ripped off. Thanks for any help I just want my tegu.

I paid my balance july 1st.
He said the shipping goes according to deposit date.
Mine was march 13th.
A lot of people are unhappy with the wait and suspect he doesn't even have enough animals to fill his orders. I'm waiting a bit more....benefit of the doubt.but some people just got theirs who had ordered last year....so.....who knows

Scott Hogge

He is obviously just shipping just enough animals that it looks like he is still a real breeder, but this is obviously a complete scam at this point. 10 year old school children come up with better excuses. The guy is a straight up liar.

Even if he were to ship out in the next weeks weeks, these tegus would be months old now and not the hatchlings that you orders. But he won't. I'm sorry guys, but it is just not possible that he is just legitimately delayed. If he really wanted to ship out a bunch of tegus, he could do them all in less than a week. Other people do.

I am 100% certain that if you gave me 800 tegus, 1 week, some boxes, and 800 x $30 shipping fees, all tegus would arrive within a week.

Anyone who believes bobby is still going to ship them something, please contact me... I have some awesome 10 foot invisible glow in the dark tegus for sale.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From Josh, the site owner:

"We are allowed to discuss it here. I'm just making it clear that bashing and character attacks will not be tolerated. Whether or not it has happened in this thread, it HAS happened on TT before. I'm trying to prevent that. Let's stick to the facts and everything should work out fine.

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=12008&page=9#ixzz25vmndOX7"

Basically, making claims against someone's personal character will cause the post to be removed. If a post seems to exist just to incite controversy and argument, it will be removed. If someone is posting about their BUSINESS dealings with Varnyard, it will stay. I am not the "TT police", so please do not take any post removal personally. All post removals are a group effort. ;) The point is to keep the the thread productive and helpful to all those involved, not a place for people to just make jabs. I know emotions are running high and I'm sorry for all those involved. I'm just trying to remain objective and keep the thread moving forward. The intention is not to silence any one's opinion.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
The reason I didn't get my black and white last year when I had ordered him was due to almost all of the tegu eggs dying for some reason or another. I think he said it had to do with the water chemistry changing from the tap. Bobby called me and gave me 3 options. He said I could get a refund, get a different tegu (and pay the difference) or roll my deposit into next year's clutches. I decided to opt for a 2012 tegu.

:/

Skeetzy

As sad as that is, that you're still waiting, it's slightly reassuring that he at least gave you the options. But something I find funny, is Bobby stated earlier in the breeding season that the first clutch was going out to everyone waiting from last year. But clearly that wasn't true.

dgates08

hanniebann said:
The reason I didn't get my black and white last year when I had ordered him was due to almost all of the tegu eggs dying for some reason or another. I think he said it had to do with the water chemistry changing from the tap. Bobby called me and gave me 3 options. He said I could get a refund, get a different tegu (and pay the difference) or roll my deposit into next year's clutches. I decided to opt for a 2012 tegu.

:/

I am in the same boat as you....

hanniebann

5 Year Member
Glad to know I'm not alone. If anything, I say we all keep in touch, whether it's on here, Facebook, or something, so that we can all rally together if need be. I'm not letting this go if it gets ugly. If you want to keep together and you're a FB user, that's the best way to get ahold of me. Add me if so, my FB page is linked to my profile page on TT. I'll keep watching the forums though too.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This thread must stay on track about updates, purchases, etc from customers, etc or it will probably be closed, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029